Changes vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs GWS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The sooner the Finals are completely out of focus the better this season is currently meandering towards to a slow painful death.

Tigers hoyed Cumberland and Moju and Sonz in last season when things were crook and it lifted the side back into finals with energy and excitement.

Reactions: 10 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We’ll ask for a 4th rounder and accept a 5th
Nah. We will get pick 11 and 12 months later trade it out for pick 112.
We are the friendly club.
You ask We will give.
Geelong just swap 1st round picks with us. If it was the other way around they would asked for another pick on top.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Cumberland would have trade currency IMO. Perhaps overs more than any other player on our list.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Jack has had a wonderful career but his inclusion this week is neither in his own interests or the clubs. We have a forward line that has consistently failed in the absence of Tom Lynch. As a result there is no chance now of finishing top 4 and we are wasting valuable time and space by selecting Jack.

This will be the case irrespective of whether we win or lose.

Reactions: 4 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Our forward line = :vomitgotta try to get a tall marking forward in the team .. the cupboard is pretty bare .. Biggy ? ( have they tried him there in the seconds )Bradke ? ( i know he is raw )

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We've won 3, 12 matches to go, we need at least 10 more wins to make finals this year (23 games total). In 2014 we won the last 9 games to make finals but with better quality players than we've got in this team. Mission impossible.
Yep, 12 games minimum to get in, so need to win 9 more to be a likely chance of making it. Means we can only lose 3. We have Freo, Saints twice, Lions, Demons, Port. Going to have to beat some good opposition and not lose to the gimmes, Giants, Hawks, North, Eagles, Swans.

Can't see it but yeah mathematically possible.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Jack has had a wonderful career but his inclusion this week is neither in his own interests or the clubs. We have a forward line that has consistently failed in the absence of Tom Lynch. As a result there is no chance now of finishing top 4 and we are wasting valuable time and space by selecting Jack.

Jack's not going to be dropped while Lynch is out. Need 2 talls forward, which 2 do we have better than Jack atm?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We're 2.5 games out of 8th. Competition is very close. We may not need to win 10 more.
11 games got 8th possie in 2021, before that 2011, otherwise 12 games minimum. Extra game this year plus 3 easy-beats atm. 9 or 10 more wins likely required imo.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Jack's not going to be dropped while Lynch is out. Need 2 talls forward, which 2 do we have better than Jack missing this opportunity ?

You are missing the point.

It is not a question of who is better. It is a question of recognising that Jacks selection means that other younger and certainly less experienced players are being denied the opportunity to have a tryout in our forward line.

You ask who. Imo Balta is the most obvious, Or a Miller or Ryan (as purely a forward). Each or together but without Jack, who unfortunately has hung on too long and is carrying injuries, which mean that he can’t perform.

Bauer has been on our list for 12 months. Think he is more likely to succeed in defence but the point is that
the club stands to benefit from what it can give and learn from the chances, which could be given to others (when our season is dead), with no such possibility arising if such opportunity isn’t given.

The RFC is not a charity. Bradtke doesn’t look ready but his selection for Jack would at least be a step in a better direction.

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Jack isn't near his best, but even at that he still gives us the best chance to win compared to the alternatives. It's as simple as that.

• Dislike

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
WS you are missing the point. Even if it was true that Jack is still part of our best available team and no one who has watched him over the last few weeks could seriously contend that he is, his selection is now a waste of time and a space (see 129).

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I’m more excited and looking forward to watching our VFL team from here on. It’s where our future players are going to have to cut their teeth while we continue to have our AFL team do a Johnny Farnham farewell tour.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004

Could not agree more.
Selecting Jack and Cotch does not fill me with any enthusiasm for Sunday's game, just the opposite.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
You are missing the point.

It is not a question of who is better. It is a question of recognising that Jacks selection means that other younger and certainly less experienced players are being denied the opportunity to have a tryout in our forward line.

You ask who. Imo Balta is the most obvious, Or a Miller or Ryan (as purely a forward). Each or together but without Jack, who unfortunately has hung on too long and is carrying injuries, which mean that he can’t perform.

Bauer has been on our list for 12 months. Think he is more likely to succeed in defence but the point is that
the club stands to benefit from what it can give and learn from the chances, which could be given to others (when our season is dead), with no such possibility arising if such opportunity isn’t given.

The RFC is not a charity. Bradtke doesn’t look ready but his selection for Jack would at least be a step in a better direction.
I get the point. Generally speaking agree on the shoulds, However I am stating what I think will happen in terms of the way the club sees it. I am saying Jack is not going to be dropped particularly not if it leaves us without an experienced tall forward which is why I said until Lynch comes back. I think we've seen enough of the Miller experiment. I think Bauer will get his chance this year and maybe Bradtke but the cupboard is bare.

And yes Tigers have been very charitable to our older players. That's why we still have the second oldest team going into this round.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I get the point. Generally speaking agree on the shoulds, However I am stating what I think will happen in terms of the way the club sees it. I am saying Jack is not going to be dropped particularly not if it leaves us without an experienced tall forward which is why I said until Lynch comes back. I think we've seen enough of the Miller experiment. I think Bauer will get his chance this year and maybe Bradtke but the cupboard is bare.

And yes Tigers have been very charitable to our older players. That's why we still have the second oldest team going into this round.
Yeah, we have try something, because Jack won’t be there next year. I get Cotchin, we’re trying to get him to 300, and at present he’s giving more than Jack, and probably Edwards when he was in the same situation last year, but why play Jack? Particularly bearing in mind that he’s playing hurt. So, we get smashed. That happens. At least we’re getting a look at the future and giving the new coach (it will NOT be McQualter) an idea of what he may be dealing with.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
The sooner the Finals are completely out of focus the better this season is currently meandering towards to a slow painful death.

Tigers hoyed Cumberland and Moju and Sonz in last season when things were crook and it lifted the side back into finals with energy and excitement.
Trouble is, all three have not been breaking the doors down.

Feb 25, 2007
Trouble is, all three have not been breaking the doors down.

That's not entirely true, the last two games by cumbers 7 goals (3.5 ave), ave 14 disposals, and ave 5 marks. Sonsie had 28 touches. MRJ has been injured so hasn't played for 5 weeks. What's Mansell done to keep his spot? Jack too has been woeful but he's lucky that Lynch is out injured.