Changes vs port figjamalaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs port figjamalaide

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Out: Kmac, Dion, CADDY

In: Vlastuin, Houli, Ross?

I respect your opinion General, but I must have had a different brand of television to yours.

I saw about 6 kicks straight to the opposition.

I thought he was dreadful.

Yes, most of them were, but I thought Josh stood out.
Spot on mate. Turnover king.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Interesting that Dimma specifically stated Martyn was a transition mid. Reckon he comes in for Prestia and Ross probably in for Cotch on Friday night (unless he's suspended).

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Well Prestia and Macca will be out and Cotch as well it seems. We don’t usually make too many changes so some will get lucky and hold their spots. Egg is non negotiable; not AFL standard and he goes for Houli (hopefully he’s fit). Caddy and Aarts should be dropped but may earn reprieves due to injuries to others.

Time to give some youngsters a run. Ross, RCD, Will Martyn?? Port at home are always a huge challenge for us; will be a very tough game given our normal early season struggles.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
shaping up to be an interesting clash.

2 premiership favourites, both coming off 8 goal losses

I didnt really see Eggs do anything worse than anyone else?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
shaping up to be an interesting clash.

2 premiership favourites, both coming off 8 goal losses

I didnt really see Eggs do anything worse than anyone else?
Maybe because he didn’t do anything? Even so he has no credits like his premiership winning team mates. They’ve been there and done it; he has not.

Have you forgotten his last game against Port ezy? He looked like a 14 year playing against seasoned men. Deer in the headlights stuff.

Must be replaced.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Hugo for Eggs
Martyn for Prestia
Ross for Cotch
RCD for Mac but may not play on the wing.

A few years back we took kids to Port and stole the candy - we can do it again.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
In:
Houli
Ross (Collier-Dawkins if Ross suspended)
Ralphsmith
Martyn

Out:
Eggmolesse-Smith
Prestia
McIntosh
Cotchin

Reckon if Aarts plays another 1-2 more bad ones and MRJ continues improving each week he may be prematurely called up purely out of necessity, likewise Caddy being replaced by Naish...

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Is KMac definitely out, I thought he got up after conceding a free kick because he had the temerity to be hit in the head (which apparently is sacrosanct).

Outs: Caddy, Eggs, Prestia, Cotchin
Ins: Houli, Ross (need hard mids against Port but maybe suspended? - If not Ross maybe RCD), Martyn, Ralphsmith.

If KMac is out then I don't know. I am really reluctant to pick Chol but maybe the more open, less pressured AFLX environment might suit.

DS

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Out: Aarts (omit), Prestia (inj), Egg (boiled), Cotch (managed)

In: MRJ, Ross, Martyn, Houli

We also have too many wingman who aren't defenders, but keep finding themselves there. Pickett the most exposed one on one in defence (truly lost when the ball is in the air), Caddy the most exposed when the ball hits the deck. KMac is head and shoulders above our best, but his head might be the issue. One of those three goes out, and we bring in a proper back. I think it has to be Miller, cause Garth has been playing forward. CCJ would be annoyingly perfect, to keep our structure back, or we could totally roll the dice on Sampson. But right now our structure of playing three wingmen is wrong.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Only saw the first half of the 2s yesterday, Naish was clearly our best imho , he’d be a chance to come in to replace KMac , fair chance Ross to replace Prestia I’d imagine

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Reckon we need run, midfield grunt.

Ross & RCD are musts. And chuck Hugo in.

Big bodies, raw, aggressive.
Grunt is gone. Speed and skill are king. It’s bruise free footy in 2021. Your boy Naish is made for this.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Out. The old high pressure, manic scramble, surge it forward to attack n fill empty space on the defend game.
In. The new silky smooth, uncontested mark, chip it, run, mark, dink it, run keepings off game.

Non finals clubs have had weeks of extra time to build into the new game system, while finals n flag winning clubs have continued with most of the game style that's been getting them to finals n flags.

Forms been fairly patchy the first two games against Carlscum n Hawforn. Bloody terrible against Sydaknee, they belted us through the midfield then opened us like a can of worms all over the ground all game long.

Need some run and carry into our game. Need some bloody composure n precision skill with the ball desperately. Need to play the old, old one on one type footy when we don't have the ball. Almost impossible to force the long kick down the line to a contest game now.
New stand rule just means that every uncontested mark leads to a chain of four or five uncontested possessions in a row as long as you think n don't butcher. Lots of the game we didn't think n we sure as hell butchered.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The game has changed, we need an extra tall.
We look better when Balta is further down the ground, might be time to give Miller a go down back.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Did Hardwick spray the players afterward like Paul Roos?
“Sydney! We lost to *smile* Sydney”

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Out. The old high pressure, manic scramble, surge it forward to attack n fill empty space on the defend game.
In. The new silky smooth, uncontested mark, chip it, run, mark, dink it, run keepings off game.

then in September, reverse the order

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Only saw the first half of the 2s yesterday, Naish was clearly our best imho , he’d be a chance to come in to replace KMac , fair chance Ross to replace Prestia I’d imagine
Would be happy with those changes.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Sounds like we will be missing some top end talent. Perhaps playing some kids. Remember when we went over there in 2019 with an undermanned team and beat them with Jack Ross starring in his debut? Can we do it again?

Out: Prestia, Kamdyn, Cotch, Egg
In: Ross, Martyn, Naish, Houli

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Chol on a wing to replace McIntosh, and assistance for Nank.
Martyn for Cotchin.
CD for Caddy
Dow for Prestia
Miller for Egglemosse-Smith
D Rioli in for Aarts to medical sub.
Not planned but now time for our reserve list to be tested!