Changes vs port figjamalaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs port figjamalaide

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Out - Cotchin, KMac, Egg, Prestia

In - RCD, Naish, Houli, Martyn

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
From the VFl match report on roc.com,

youde think

IN: Ross, Houli, Naish?

MRJ getting midfield time :afro:banana

the Wangaratta Wahine sounds pretty good too.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
then in September, reverse the order
To a certain degree.
Not sure the game is going to get too much back to the super contested high pressure swarming of recent years.

Stand n chip rule means it's too easy for the ball holder to wait for a team mate to slip into a little hole for another uncontested possession. Players will be forced to play a little more one on one footy than before.

Early days yet, but it's not hard to see that we need to make some small tweaks here and there to our game.

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
We don’t start going through the gears until rd 8 , we are still clearly the best team when it matters, we just may change a few names over the next couple of months
This makes sense MrB. A friend at the club tells me we are 3-5 weeks from “peak” fitness and still catching up to the non- finalists.

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Grunt is gone. Speed and skill are king. It’s bruise free footy in 2021. Your boy Naish is made for this.

Grunt in the contest is still vital, need that burst from the contest. RCD is perfect.

Great call on Naish, wish I’d thought of it. That short 45 kick and getting into space is vital.

Get him in.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Gee this all sounds very familiar. We lose a few games early and lose a few players through injury. It's happened past 2 years.

Anyway not expecting to beat port - our conditioning is slowly building

out prestia cotchin McIntosh
In martyn ross ralphsmith

If ross suspended then in rcd

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Gee this all sounds very familiar. We lose a few games early and lose a few players through injury. It's happened past 2 years.

Anyway not expecting to beat port - our conditioning is slowly building

out prestia cotchin McIntosh
In martyn ross ralphsmith

If ross suspended then in rcd
Doubt they go with 3 debutants.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
have to give RCD a go surely. We need to know.
Again only saw first half yesterday, did a couple of very good things , however in general he didn’t do a great deal, hopefully he was part of the domination in the second half.

Dow apparently has appendicitis

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
From what I read today it seems that Cotchin, McIntosh, Prestia and Vlastuin are out injured.

Vlastuin apparently has a worse knee that first thought.

Also, did you notice Nank having a guard put on his leg on the bench about 3/4 time I think it was.

Cannot see us beating Port with those players out. In fact, after our poor performance against the Swannies I doubt we could beat North right now.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I thought i was reading the thread from last year after we lost to the hawks in rd3, or the year before when we lost to the Giants.
we played terribly- almost as bad as we could, and lost to a good young by 7 goals. big deal.
its not panic stations, obviously a few guys are injured, but we wont be dropping more than 2- Eggs for Houli if Houli is fit, and probably Aarts- as DImma said pregame we have 1 extra small and they will rotate. or George/Rioli will play wing for Kmac.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
shaping up to be an interesting clash.

2 premiership favourites, both coming off 8 goal losses

I didnt really see Eggs do anything worse than anyone else?
Eggs wasnt awful, but in our backline system everyone needs to defend, and be able to defend whichever forward gets in their 'zone'. hence occasionally Short stand Sam Reid. we have won 3 premierships with this kind of defence, and i dont imagine we will change much cos we had a shitful day in April.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Out Cotch , Aarts , Kmac , Prestia , Egg
IN Ross(or rcd if susp) Hugo to play as lead up forward , Naish , Samson or Chol , Houli

Caddy up forward or out of the side

Last edited:

fargothegreat

Tiger Cub
Sep 10, 2014
From what I read today it seems that Cotchin, McIntosh, Prestia and Vlastuin are out injured.

Vlastuin apparently has a worse knee that first thought.

Also, did you notice Nank having a guard put on his leg on the bench about 3/4 time I think it was.

Cannot see us beating Port with those players out. In fact, after our poor performance against the Swannies I doubt we could beat North right now.
Nank being injured would explain why he was so off his game. We have no one to replace him though. Would have to play both Chol and Ryan.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Left field here, but we haven't really replaced Vlastuin down back and we are struggling with intercepting.

How about Chol? He's a beautiful mark and a beautiful kick but its his intensity and I think he struggles when pushed under the ball a little bit. A fast quick intercept defender would be great for us.

Has anyone seen him tried down back? I know we are going with Biggy in that role in the 2's at the moment, but maybe in previous years?

Either that or Miller and then free Balta up to play Vlastuins role.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Biggie is suspended at he moment. Miller is the most likely of those available. This might work better when Dave/Noah ruck, but also Miller was given some ruck trials last year in the scratchies so he could be deployed there too without disrupting our defence too much.

I thought Chol looked better when he was across HB a week ago in the reserves, but that was probably floating back rather than being directly accountable. And VFL with the rules that week was much different to AFL.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Out Kmac Cotchin Prestia Eggy
In Ross Houli Newby (Will) Martyn MJ Rioli

B Astbury Balta Broad
HB Short Grimes Houli
C Caddy Graham Pickett
HF Baker Castagna MJ Rioli
F Jack Lynch Aarts

R Nank D Martin Bolton

Int: Ross Newby Martyn Lambert Shed