Changes vs port figjamalaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs port figjamalaide

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Interesting to see where Mansell will play, assumed he was going to HB but with Houli back in and both Shorty and Bakes named there, suggests he may play on the wing. I suspect we will rotate a number of players through that wing position. Looks like Lambo may play further forward.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Club
Avg Age
Avg Gms
Avg Gls
Avg Hgt
Avg Wgt
P.A.
25.77​
102.5​
68.5​
187.9​
87.0​
Rich
26.73​
112.7​
89.7​
185.6​
85.0​

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting to see where Mansell will play, assumed he was going to HB but with Houli back in and both Shorty and Bakes named there, suggests he may play on the wing. I suspect we will rotate a number of players through that wing position. Looks like Lambo may play further forward.
Mansell might get a role playing as a small pressure defensive forward with Rioli out.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Mansell might get a role playing as a small pressure defensive forward with Rioli out.
True thats a possibility too, would give a massive kick up the arse to our forwards when we prefer defenders to play there compared to them.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Rioli isn't really an out though. If there were no injuries last week he wouldn't have played. I think what we are covering is the loss of 2 defenders (Egg and KMac), a mid (Prestia) and a wing (Caddy).

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
Would have like to has seen another tall come in
I think If CCJ was available we would have played two rucks

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Edwards might play wing with Pickett, that's why we needed two mids in Ross and Martyn to cover Dion and shedda's midfield roles.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
big calls by the match committee- must’ve been reading pre

Caddy has somewhat reached a crossroad I reckon.

Its not often a dual Premiership player and a key player in those flags becomes prematurely obsolescent but the rule changes have nailed players like Josh who lack speed, and Jake Aarts could also soon find himself in the gun I feel unless he can up his impact.

If Mansell by chance plays as a small defensive forward to apply pressure this week I dare say it is alarm bells and red flags for Aarts.

I think a change has already washed through the Tigers with the new rule changes, and we can expect another ramp up of speed and run with some youngsters getting more opportunities such as Mansell and Hugo Ralphsmith, even Naish might some extra chances.

Cads has also likely been slapped again for a dumb free and 50 at critical junctures of games same as last year against the Kochies when we had worked our way to the front and his act handed them the momentum back and killed us.

Another kick up the arse for Rioli to get him running again and bringing the pressure.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Dion is a big loss but Ross will be a good player. Will provide about 70% of what Dion does.
Houli upgrade on Eggy
Martyn will give more possessions and possibly better disposal that Kmac.
Mansell more run that Caddy.
Really looking forward to seeing Ross and the two debs. I still remember Ross' debut against Port which contributed enormously to our 2019 flag!

Reactions: 1 users