Changes vs swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs swans

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, that's if they have possession, which apparently Shai did. But back in the old days if the ball was at your feet you didn't have to pick it up and throw it back. A more recent change or rules or change of interpretation? Who knows but they do seem more strict on this now.

I'd add that the rule change page is not comprehensive, and not very well put together.

DS
Personally I like that rule and didn’t mind that Shai got pinged for it. IMO if you have the ball either in your hands or the last one to touch it you have to pass it back to the kicker.

Reactions: 1 user

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
The thing with the score review system that does my head in is that the faintest touch can stop it from being a goal but that same faintest touch wouldn’t be enough to stop it being a mark if a player was standing on the goal line.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You don’t have to give it back if you don’t touch it… you can’t have it then just put it on the ground like shai did

Out of all the dodgyness we cop from the umps… that wasn’t one..

Yeah, I agree, but they do seem to have tightened this up a lot over the years, just something you have to deal with.

I always found it funny back decades ago when they would basically throw it back at the other player's head, wasn't always penalised.

DS

Bourke'sFifthSymphony

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Swans have lost 3 of 4.
They had some damaging smaller forwards last year, like Wicks and Gulden, who have not progressed in quality this year.
They are treading water.
Thought it was poor behaviour by Luke Parker, did not realise he was so dumb.

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Sydney, port , Carlton, Geelong next block of 4

Obviously 4 from 4 would be awesome , but I think the realistic goal if we really are back on track , is 3 from 4 as the pass mark

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Yeah, that's if they have possession, which apparently Shai did. But back in the old days if the ball was at your feet you didn't have to pick it up and throw it back. A more recent change or rules or change of interpretation? Who knows but they do seem more strict on this now.

I'd add that the rule change page is not comprehensive, and not very well put together.

DS
Back in the day - it was the norm for the bloke on the mark to underarm it back towards the player who earned the free - but deliberately make it bounce and bobble on the ground to make it harder to collect and to waste a bit of time.

And then at some later stage they brought in the rule that it had to be returned on the full.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Sydney, port , Carlton, Geelong next block of 4

Obviously 4 from 4 would be awesome , but I think the realistic goal if we really are back on track , is 3 from 4 as the pass mark
If we finish the next month 1-3 or 2-2
I would start planning for the future.
Sydney arent good
Port are shitt
Geelong are finished. Stop Cameron win the game.
And Carlton, seriously we shouldve beaten them in round 1 when we were at our worse by 5 goals.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
So, what's Tarrant's record against Buddy?
Gee they have avoided each other quite a bit in recent years. From my quick look Buddy v Robbie

Round 17 2018 Franklin kicked 3.1 Tarrant had 15 disposals
Round 8 2017 Franklin kicked 1.3 Tarrant had 20 disposals
Round 22 2016 Franklin kicked 0.1 Tarrant had 18 disposals

Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Gee they have avoided each other quite a bit in recent years. From my quick look Buddy v Robbie

Round 17 2018 Franklin kicked 3.1 Tarrant had 15 disposals
Round 8 2017 Franklin kicked 1.3 Tarrant had 20 disposals
Round 22 2016 Franklin kicked 0.1 Tarrant had 18 disposals
Only walker and himmelberg have got on top of us recently. Kennedy too actually