Changing operating systems | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changing operating systems

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I just bought my daughter a laptop and seeing the XP CD made me wonder how I'd go about installing it on my computer. (Well maybe not that actual cd cos I know Billy boy needs the money more than me )

Would it just be like re-formatting the computer but instead of the Windows 98 cd I'd use an XP one?

When I bought this computer a year or so ago I was advised not to take the XP option and use 98 instead. I'm happy with it but I really want to checkout the earth google site and it needs the newer operating systems to run.

Any advice and hints and warnings in changing systems would be appreciated. I presume the first step would be to do a heap of back-up cd's?

XP uses a completely different file system Rosy

XP is also supposed to be harder to register if you don't have the origonal disc

Although there are ways around it

I'll get Mrs TC to PM you when she can

We use XP on most of our computers

But have a dual boot 98/XP to play some of the older games