Channel Seven to air Ben Cousins documentary (Herald Sun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Channel Seven to air Ben Cousins documentary (Herald Sun)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Channel Seven to air Ben Cousins documentary
Tony Sheahan
Herald Sun
August 1, 2010

BEN Cousins' explosive tell-all documentary is set for a primetime screening.

Sources say all networks were in talks to show the graphic program, which details Tigers star Cousins' drug spiral and healing.

But Seven, offering to broadcast the doco mid-week, over two nights, in primetime, is set to seal the deal this week.

The news will add fuel to speculation that Cousins won't play on next season as Richmond has insisted in the past the documentary could not screen while the star was a Tiger.

The documentary is said to be a raw and chilling account of Cousins' substance abuse and road to recovery.

It also features his off-field passions like skydiving.

Television executives who have seen the doco say it is profound and destined to win awards.

Richmond Football Club has said it does not want the documentary screened during the 2010 season.

Late on Saturday, music boss Michael Gudinski, executive producer of the doco, said no deal has been signed.

Mr Gudinski said Cousins is still working on the as-yet unfinished doco.

Seven would not comment.

Ben Cousins may be playing his last season in the AFL.
Picture: Tim Carrafa

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/channel-seven-to-air-ben-cousins-documentary/story-e6frf9jf-1225899478017

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The news will add fuel to speculation that Cousins won't play on next season as Richmond has insisted in the past the documentary could not screen while the star was a Tiger.
Probably sees the writing on the wall now. Apart from that, don't care, not interested. Personally far more interested in Reiwoldt getting the coleman, who is traded or delisted at the end of the season and who we pick up in the draft. Just bored with the whole Cousins media circus.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
someone i know has an interesting theory on this doco. he thinks that cuz has been using the whole time and the doco explains how he was/has been getting away with it. it is only a theory and i dont believe that to be the case but its certainly an interesting concept

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Streak said:
The club has a clear stance on this.

Is it the right positon to take?
what is the clubs stance? that it cant be shown during season 2010, or while Cuz is a tiger? the article says 2 different things.

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
LidsBling&Cotch said:
someone i know has an interesting theory on this doco. he thinks that cuz has been using the whole time and the doco explains how he was/has been getting away with it. it is only a theory and i dont believe that to be the case but its certainly an interesting concept
If true, would be HUGE news.

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
LidsBling&Cotch said:
I thought the club had already read the transcript?
Not sure they'd keep playing him if they did and this was true. Maybe they haven't. ???

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Brodders17 said:
what is the clubs stance? that it cant be shown during season 2010, or while Cuz is a tiger? the article says 2 different things.
Yeah it does actually.

I'll go with the club not wanting it aired while Cuz is a Tiger.

Is it really that big an issue?

Dusty

Tiger Cub
Jun 10, 2010
JR8 said:
If true, would be HUGE news.
You guys have forgotten that Brendan Gale and AFLPA worked very hard with Ben from the day he has sacked by WC until the day he was registered again. Brendan knows everything about Ben and his past. The AFL knows and likes to control everything. If there was something in the doco they didn’t like do you think Ch7 would screen it? Do you think Michael Gudinski would risk his reputation to produce the doco? if it was going to embarrass the AFL.
From what I hear the doco features his family, and even Caroline Wilson , Aker, and Chris Judd.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
LidsBling&Cotch said:
Seems like a pretty long bow to draw. He gets tested - what...... twice a week I think ? Would the Club have been playing him if they knew/suspected that he was still using ? Reckon not. Theories are fine....after all....i got plenty...........not sure they all work in practice though.....

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Certainly sounding a lot like this will be his last season. Wouldn't be a surprise anyways.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
CC was interviewed on SEN before the game on Sunday and stated that the club had seen a rough copy of the as yet unfinished doco and said its airing will have no impact on if Cuz gets another year or not.

Tigers lets Roar

Long time reader, spasmodic contributor
Apr 22, 2004
Melbourne
Tigerdog said:
CC was interviewed on SEN before the game on Sunday and stated that the club had seen a rough copy of the as yet unfinished doco and said its airing will have no impact on if Cuz gets another year or not.
Well that clears that up