Charlie Masculine Nose | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Charlie Masculine Nose

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Dixon is as weak as *smile*. The most overrated player in the AFL. His actual record belies the myth that the media fan boys have created; especially that Chupa Chup Hudson.

Big Charlie!! *smile* off.

Derwayne is the worst though. Constantly trots out that "King Charlie" line. If Charlies the King, I don't want to be part of the kingdom, it would be a complete dud of a kingdom.

Reactions: 6 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
He has always been the same player, faux tough man.
Watch him closely and you see a guy that never takes pack marks, never hits packs, makes one handed mark attempts rather than put himself in a contested position (watch Riewoldt to understand where the correct position is for pack marks). He is simply a big guy that plays mostly small. Has never won a game on his own yet the commentators love “big” Charlie and his pretend toughness. He’s a skunk. Much the same as Joe Daniher. Pathetic culture killing big men who shrink when they should lift.
Just watch their performances in finals against us to see how much they let their teammates down when it matters.

Sounds a bit like Hawkins. I’ve never seen him take a pack mark or hit a pack hard.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ok. He originally was going for the mark. I agree. THEN, he took his eyes off the ball and wasn’t going for the mark. That’s a charge or unrealistic attempt. His only intention then was to take vlastuin out, not to mark the ball

It is not a simple one, he took his eyes off the ball, but was that to line up Vlastuin or to see what was in front of him? Hard to say if he could have avoided contact, but putting the knee out when he knew he had no chance of marking is reckless. The commentary implied it was deliberate, but the commentary was inane.

But there is a history of taking out Vlastuin not incurring a penalty at all so I suppose we all knew nothing would happen.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Agree that it was completely deliberate and not at all a player trying to contest a ball. He simply rammed his knee into his ribs whilst not even looking at the ball.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
"The Tigers didn’t have a match up for big Charlie Dixon when he was deep in the square."- Fox sports.
Dixon had 1 mark I50 for the game- on the lead early. He had 1 other kick close to goals- from a handball over the top.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
"The Tigers didn’t have a match up for big Charlie Dixon when he was deep in the square."- Fox sports.
Dixon had 1 mark I50 for the game- on the lead early. He had 1 other kick close to goals- from a handball over the top.
What BS from Fox Footy
Tarrant and Balta held him well

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I would be more upset if Tom Lynch hadn't spent the entire game lining up blokes and bowling them over. Fun to watch.

Except when it happens to your player. I watched the replay a number of times and didn't think it was reportable. I am sure similar to Lynch there was a desire to make him earn it.

Amazing if Floss only misses one week.

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
He makes a clear attempt to jump at the ball. There is no way he'll be reported for that. He's doing what big forwards have been doing for a century.
Unfortunately almost anything goes in a marking contest. I have no doubt in my mind it was deliberate. But hey thems are the rules. No doubt should've been unreasonable attempt at a minimum.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Height is the most overrated trait in the game.

Dixon is a perfect example. He's all perception, but his team plans their entire attack around him as the focal point, so he ends up with maybe 1-2 goals per game. You see his height, and in your mind you think you're seeing a big, brute dominate packs at will - but that's not what actually happens.

The truth is... Shai Bolton was more effective as a marking forward than Dixon was.

The smallest, skinniest player on the ground was a better marking forward than the biggest, strongest player.

Long may we benefit from the interminable myth of the big man.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Height is the most overrated trait in the game.

Dixon is a perfect example. He's all perception, but his team plans their entire attack around him as the focal point, so he ends up with maybe 1-2 goals per game. You see his height, and in your mind you think you're seeing a big, brute dominate packs at will - but that's not what actually happens.

The truth is... Shai Bolton was more effective as a marking forward than Dixon was.

The smallest, skinniest player on the ground was a better marking forward than the biggest, strongest player.

Long may we benefit from the interminable myth of the big man.
Bolton also has a 200cm marking beast next to him. height is a big advantage. Dixon's problem is that he aint a great footballer. he is ok. and if he didnt spend whole games looking angry, and if commentators didnt go on about him as if he the best big man in the game he would be another nondescript footballer eeking out an ok career.

Reactions: 4 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Imagine our Tommy inflicting the same damage on the oppo.......

The uproar would be deafening.

Reactions: 2 users