Cheer Squad 2008 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cheer Squad 2008

Yellow n Black!

Tiger Rookie
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
Im looking at joining the RFC Cheer Squad in 2008...

Ive been a member for years, but ive had an A reserved seat.

Im after some info on the Cheer Squad as a prospective member.

Is there a waiting listing to join??

Do i need to purchase a reserved seat in the cheer squad??

Are there allocated seats at each game, or can you seat anywhere in the allocated bay behind the goals??

What do people think about the Cheer Squad?? Is it worth being part of??

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Yellow n Black! said:
Is there a waiting listing to join??

:hihi, sorry but it was funny.

Try calling the club, they may refer you to David Norman the Cheersquad Leader, he'll answer all your questions.

You know, when you earn your stripes it's a one in all in policy. :boxing

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
geoffryprettyboy said:
Try calling the club, they may refer you to David Norman the Cheersquad Leader, he'll answer all your questions.
Will David be allowed into the MCG next year after his rnd22 eviction?? ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yellow n Black! said:
What do people think about the Cheer Squad?? Is it worth being part of??

I think the cheer squad do a great job and it's worth becoming a member just to support them. I personally don't like sitting in the cheer squad and have at times felt that some people were more concerned about being seen and heard than they were in the game. It just wasn't my thing but I'd encourage everyone to buy a membership and be as involved or not involved as they like.

Official Richmond Cheer Squad site

As far as seating goes Y&B I don't think they're reserved or allocated although there could be a bit of a pecking order due to status, habit and experience. Just roll up and plonk down is my experience. Could have changed though.

meltiger

Bling!
Jul 19, 2004
Altona
rosy23 said:
As far as seating goes Y&B I don't think they're reserved or allocated although there could be a bit of a pecking order due to status, habit and experience. Just roll up and plonk down is my experience. Could have changed though.

I think TD si a bit diff Rosy, you have to book tickets in advance but the G is generally a open area.

At least thats what I recall, I too sit in reserved seats so not 100% sure.

tigerbeau

Join. Damn It!
Apr 1, 2006
Victoria
To join the Richmond Cheer Squad is really simple,
on the first game of the NAB season or Round 1 of the season proper just come up to the Cheer Squad and ask anyone to point you in the direction of Dave Norman and He'll sort it all out.
You need to be a Richmond Member to join.
Back to what Rosy said about people just trying to stand out, point taken, but I also believe that's apart of the cheer squad, individuality and flair is what makes a good cheer squad. I will always sit in the Cheer Squad or Grog Squad because it is just an amzing feeling to be surrounded by so many die hards who like me want to scream and yell out and support the team. But I do see what your saying Rosy, but I think that's what makes the cheer squad so fun, I love making banners for the cheer squad so that they are on TV, I love it when people I know see us on TV, its just part of the experience. Where not trying to be bigger than the game itself, but rather be apart of it and an influence.

Next year Rosy, you need to sit in the Cheer Squad just once, It's probably a lot different to when you last sat there, when was that?