Chocko's spin on the game. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chocko's spin on the game.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Williams: Tigers ugly
05 May 2003 Herald Sun
By ANDREW CAPEL in Adelaide

IT was not pretty. At times it was downright ugly.

And Port Adelaide coach Mark Williams wanted Power fans to understand his side was not responsible for the shocking display of football at AAMI Stadium on Saturday night.

"Hopefully you learned gentlemen (the media) would understand that we were the good guys in that display tonight," Williams said, taking a swipe at Richmond.

"We didn't set out to play like that, but because Richmond played like that, we had to play a little bit similar to get the same result."

Port broke the game open with its brilliant skills early, kicking five goals in the opening 20 minutes to move out to a 28-point lead.

After that, the game became unsightly. Richmond stacked its defence and tried to score goals on the rebound, only to find there were no tall targets to take a mark when it got the ball into attack.

Despite briefly taking the lead in the third term, the Tigers never looked like winning.

"They'd won (last week), so you'd think they'd be coming here with a bit more of a positive attitude, but they didn't," Williams said.

Richmond coach Danny Frawley hit back, pointing out that Port started the match with only five forwards.

"We had seven forwards for most of the night, and they had five," he said. "So if you call that flooding, I'm not sure where that's at."

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
He has a point, it was the tigers that shut the game down with getting numbers back into the port forward line.

But what choice did we have with the players we had missing.

He is such a knob Williams. When they win he is as arrogant as all get out, but when they lose he carries on like a spoilt brat.

I can't wait to play Port next year on the MCG with Otto, Richo, Holland, Campbo, Blumfield and some exciting new tigerland talent.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
To coin an old phrase Shawry, I am taking it "one week at a time", which really means I don't consult the fixture for more than 2 weeks in advance ;D

Telsta Dome ain't MCG, but what the hell.....