Chris Scott is the best game day coach in the AFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott is the best game day coach in the AFL

fat-fifty-footmad

Tiger Cub
Oct 6, 2017
I've actually got a fair bit of time for Chris Scott.

1. He's pretty honest and while he chooses his words carefully you know exactly what he's thinking.

2. He does pretty well with the cattle he's got.

My knock on him - and I don't know if its fair but I'll go with it - is that he hasn't been aggressive enough in developing that cattle (or getting new people in) to address the Cats biggest issues against us. That is:

- they cant run fast all day, and
- they are a key mid or x-factor forward short

Geelong need runners to keep us off the Richmond highway - his only option is Blizzard generally and he does ok but has no support and using him robs their backline - regardless of what they do eventually we run them down and run away. As long as we are within 5-6 goals we can always catch them. Also, without Danger up forward their attack is pretty stodgy and we can stop it but if they move Danger up front they lose all drive from the midfield - so his choices are get the ball forward and not score or be able to score but never get the ball there.

Scott isn't a bad coach, in fact he's pretty good, but he needs to get better and find a way to beat us to be regarded as really really top notch.

Reactions: 2 users