Chris Scott is the best game day coach in the AFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott is the best game day coach in the AFL

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We get a lot of this, don't we?

Silly media people. (Often halfwits.) Talking silly talk about this or some other nonsense. And don't the halfwits go on?

They seem to like his ability to adapt. Dribblers. Feel free to name some.

Well, Chris Scott opened the 2020 GF with "A half dozen pocket strategies" (Curtiger)

And who adapted to them? And subverted them?

It was Mr Damien Hardwick. They say he's coached three of the last four Premierships.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I am certainly not a fan of C.Scott - do not like him at all particularly for the manner in which he has not been afraid to say publicly how little he rates Richmond.
But credit where it is due, I thought he spoke well at his presser - even of Richmond.
But he had to didn't he?
Three of the last four premierships, the last of which was over his own mob and not even at the G, and coming back with a 53 point turnaround.

Reactions: 11 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I am certainly not a fan of C.Scott - do not like him at all particularly for the manner in which he has not been afraid to say publicly how little he rates Richmond.
But credit where it is due, I thought he spoke well at his presser - even of Richmond.
But he had to didn't he?
Three of the last four premierships, the last of which was over his own mob and not even at the G, and coming back with a 53 point turnaround.

We might not agree with him, but he is, in hindsight, refreshingly honest in talking about what he thinks. It's just that he is wrong.

That being said though, I am starting to think I can respect his competitiveness and will to win, at least a little bit.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Silly media people. (Often halfwits.) Talking silly talk about this or some other nonsense. And don't the halfwits go on?

Well, Chris Scott opened the 2020 GF with "A half dozen pocket strategies" (Curtiger)

It was Mr Damien Hardwick. They say he's coached three of the last four Premierships.
Yeah Hardwick has it all over him as a coach. But the media never report that.

Just like they never report that Cotchin is a clearly superior captain to Selwood.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
It only seems fitting that Geelong contribute to another richmond premiership.

I hope the curse that has befallen Adelaide and GWS finds its way to Geelong

Reactions: 15 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He somehow got his side to capitulate, with us virtually 2 players down from the 6th minute mark of the first qtr and trailing by 22 points 17 minute mark of the 2nd.
The Dangerfield experiment is a massive fail.
Duncan is a disaster, he folds quicker then wet paper.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He somehow got his side to capitulate, with us virtually 2 players down from the 6th minute mark of the first qtr and trailing by 22 points 17 minute mark of the 2nd.
I couldn't believe that Geelong could fold like that in a gf. Wasn't evident that they ran out of puff. It was all in their head. Shocking effort.

Reactions: 7 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Scott's players looked tense and serious in the rooms at half-time. Were they analysing footage to reinforce tactics or something?

Meanwhile, Dimma's boys were interacting, looked refreshed and excited.

The art of coaching...

Reactions: 6 users

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
If I was a cats supporter I’d be asking why he left Ablett on the ground. It’s about the ‘team’ not the ‘individual’. IMHO it was a massive mistake.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The great Scott is going to have to be an even better Coach then the media say they are for them to contend again, so many old staggers, kids with talent leaving and there adding short step big melon head Higgins lol yeah he’ll be good for ya in September and Jezza cmon now, what happens if he has the sooks up through September lol another 800k down the drain.

theyve had the second best recruiter, yet they keep trading out high picks and adding old timers and Josh Jenkins :rotfl2

No humility for me atm

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
We might not agree with him, but he is, in hindsight, refreshingly honest in talking about what he thinks. It's just that he is wrong.

That being said though, I am starting to think I can respect his competitiveness and will to win, at least a little bit.

Sorry but I don’t have enough generosity of spirit to say anything nice about this salty sour prickle

• Haha

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
First 30 seconds of presser were pure gold Cheers Fawlty Towers level hilarity. The fidgeting, the stuttering..... it was like watching Fonzie after 2 years of psychotherapy say "W.. W.. W.. W.. WROOOONNNNG".

• Haha
  • Wow

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

For the first time, he was complimentary. So I will acknowledge this. In fact his very last comment as he left the presser actually said something important, deep down i think he has finally understood he needed to change and be more dignified and gracious.

Damien's coaching is so underrated. The Balta move was important.
Scott made no moves.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
If you were the President of Geelong you would terminate Scotts contract.
Geelong will never win a flag with Scott.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Many on here dont appear to rate Hardwick's (or the coaching collective's) match day coaching, but we are constantly able to make the subtle changes in the way we move the ball, or set up on the ground with and without the ball to counter act whatever opposition throw at us.
this is why, as much as our relentless pressure and running ability, that we often over run teams.

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Never seen a coach so shattered " Help me out guys ".

Yep, we made the most arrogant bloke in the AFL a very humble, meek man. I loved the way he addressed the "Richmond are the best" issue prior to taking the questions. He knew the question was coming in regards to his comments back in March where he said we were "not that good".

Will be interesting to see if he can use the humbleness of the moment to grow, or if it breaks him.

His comments on Jeremey Cameron were interesting too. He did not sound as sold on the move and i think was mega pissed at Cameron and his camp for the timing of his announcement. Parfitt did SFA

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If I was a cats supporter I’d be asking why he left Ablett on the ground. It’s about the ‘team’ not the ‘individual’. IMHO it was a massive mistake.

Why? We did the same with Graham last year in the prelim with a busted shoulder. Its brave to go back out there and put your body on the line, it helps with rotations and enables gameplans going into the game to remain in play.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I thought Duncan was their best player. Along with Stewart the only ones that really impacted in all 4 quarters.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
For the first time, he was complimentary. So I will acknowledge this. In fact his very last comment as he left the presser actually said something important, deep down i think he has finally understood he needed to change and be more dignified and gracious.

Damien's coaching is so underrated. The Balta move was important.
Scott made no moves.
It's still insincere and contrived though. It reminds me of Buckley trying to emulate Dimma, you can't pretend to be someone you're not. People can see through it.