Chris Scott viewed objectively | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott viewed objectively

Is Chris Scott the most petulant, over-rated, self-promoting, ungracious senior AFL coach ever?

• Yes

Votes: 169 81.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 39 18.8%

• Total voters

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I want to know who paused after the first yes and thought about answering differently.

Reactions: 1 user

257smith

Tiger Cub
Mar 11, 2015
This is the thing with Chris Scott. He has spend however many years now on 360 very deliberately attempting to cultivate an image of someone calm and rational - 'he who knows best'. 'He who must be listened to and respected' 'He who is just that little bit better than most'.
Isn't that right Chris? Well guess what, you completely unlikable, holier than thou twat? You don't fool me.
You are an unbearably bad loser - a traight that NO other coach in the league displays. You are incapable of being calm in the coaches box, you are irrational when attempting to identify a good football Team and lastly, just that little bit better than most Chris?
To quote Seinfeld - better Chris, better? - No you're worse. Much much worse

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon our form is a lot better this year than towards the end of 2018. We weren't looking even close to as exciting as we look now.

I really can't see Dimma or anyone else using any of this as ammunition. Don't need ammunition, a spot in a GF is on the line. In any case, the line Dimma constantly uses: we deal with what we can control, is a very good way of approaching the game.

DS

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
He said last year that we weren’t all that good.
Now he’s saying we’ve slipped further.
What’s his line going to be if Richmond win?
He’s left himself nowhere to go.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I just saw the clown’s comments on the news.....what a ****.
We need to destroy and indefinitely scar this hick club. Period.
You’re not suggesting we give them the Adelaide treatment?

Isn’t that taking too things far??
If we ‘Adelaide’ Geelong... we’ll have to ‘Adelaide’ Collingwood too.
You know? To be fair.

Reactions: 4 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
You’re not suggesting we give them the Adelaide treatment?

Isn’t that taking too things far??
If we ‘Adelaide’ Geelong... we’ll have to ‘Adelaide’ Collingwood too.
You know? To be fair.

Thats exactly what I had in mind.....it took just one game for the RFC to initiate the capitulation of an entire football club.
I see a lot of parallels between Adelaide 2017 and Geelong 2019; both totally arrogant and drunk with hubris.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The difference between him and Dimma is increasingly stark. Dimma talks up opponents and asks his players to respect them. Scott announces we aren’t as good as last year.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
The survey needed another option.

Maybe we could pose the question "Is Scott a nob"?

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Just go and beat them. They will wipe his smug smile off his face

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Thats exactly what I had in mind.....it took just one game for the RFC to initiate the capitulation of an entire football club.
I see a lot of parallels between Adelaide 2017 and Geelong 2019; both totally arrogant and drunk with hubris.
And they both seem to think a game where they beat us comfortably months ago has any bearing on the finals games.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I knew a bloke with one leg shorter than the other and I know a bloke with one leg longer than the other.

I wonder which is more troublesome?

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
last chance for premiership glory Ablett,Selwood.Taylor Dangerfield............................................Scott

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Scott is well aware he inherited a great Geelong team; when they won the premiership in 2011 I recall him being humble and gracious enough to admit that he was fortunate to have taken over during such a great era for the club. That behavior has since disappeared, the lack of ultimate success since then must eat away at him and he needs premiership success to validate a coaching record that has been artificially inflated by a significant home ground advantage. No wonder he's salty!!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Poor Salty. Even the media pundits are starting to chuckle at his attempt to play mind games.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
He said last year that we weren’t all that good.
Now he’s saying we’ve slipped further.
What’s his line going to be if Richmond win?
He’s left himself nowhere to go.

Spot on he went out of his way to tell the footy world we really werent that good a side last year, now we're even worse apparently...