Chris Scott viewed objectively | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott viewed objectively

Is Chris Scott the most petulant, over-rated, self-promoting, ungracious senior AFL coach ever?

• Yes

Votes: 169 81.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 39 18.8%

• Total voters

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He has delivered us a new noun, the “Scottive”, when a person is objectively, subjectively and also figuratively an ungracious, bitter person with an inflated sense of importance.

Has also added "taken with a drain of Scott" to the English language

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Glad our players and coaches are mentally tougher than our fans.

This 'the mean man said some nasty words' stuff is getting a bit old.

I don't think anyone sees what Salty said as mean or nasty. To a man here everyone is calling it childish and stupid. But hey, take Salty's side over the RFC faithful if that's your thing.

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I prefer dimmas style ,

pay them all the compliments, stay nice and composed,

then go for the jugular when it matters

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I could probably tolerate Scott a bit more if he had been a bit more gracious after we won the flag.

"GEELONG coach Chris Scott has warned of the potential aesthetic issues AFL footy may face in the wake of Richmond’s groundbreaking premiership.
And as every side tries to reach footy’s pinnacle, Scott suggested shutting down the opposition — as the Tigers were able to do to the Crows — could become the major focus"

What a load of bollocks from a sore loser, who was still angry after we embarrassed them in the qualifying final a couple of weeks earlier.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
The difference between him and Dimma is increasingly stark. Dimma talks up opponents and asks his players to respect them. Scott announces we aren’t as good as last year.
Maybe Scotty’s trying to give his players a lift.
They may not be a confident lot.

Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Little does Scott know but he has played beautifully into our hands.

He has won the flag through to July but has then watched his dream slowly give up their dominance - and he can’t believe it.

Trouble is we can because it was us last year.

Peak to early and look what happens.

Scott has been irrational and nervous for the whole of the second half of the year and he has watched us build at the same time and he knows it.

I mean, at the bye round, who would have thought we would end the season equal top with Geelong, Scott certainly didn’t.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There's a theory going round that Scott does all this as a smokescreen to draw attention away from his players. If it's true, he has fully committed to the character of a curmudgeonly, churlish smartarse who comes across as perennially whiney and bitter. Hats off to C Scott if this is the case!

To be fair I don't actually mind this persona - it's interesting and keeps twitter going. It also makes me feel really good whenever Geelong lose.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Little does Scott know but he has played beautifully into our hands.

He has won the flag through to July but has then watched his dream slowly give up their dominance - and he can’t believe it.

Trouble is we can because it was us last year.

Peak to early and look what happens.

Scott has been irrational and nervous for the whole of the second half of the year and he has watched us build at the same time and he knows it.

I mean, at the bye round, who would have thought we would end the season equal top with Geelong, Scott certainly didn’t.
It’s beautiful watching it unfold.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He struggles to say we a better then them.
We slapped them after half time and the only bloke that kept in it is working out on them.
They’re screwed next year.
Oh yeah great pick ups Dalhouse and Rohan huge duds