Chris Yarran

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Been hearing this a lot lately. Anyone else hearing Yarran to Punt Rd?

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Andy Maher mentioned this on SEN this morning and they had a discussion on what we would be willing to pay to get Yarran. Consensus was it would take more than a first round pick.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I wouldn't mind him as I think he has a fair bit of upside in a good environment, but it would be a real speculative trade.

However selling the farm for him would be a disaster, and in this case anything more than a first rd pick is far too much.

I reckon he would be untradable as the Blues will want way too much for him and no club will be willing to give up what they want.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Ghost of 29 said:
I wouldn't mind him as I think he has a fair bit of upside in a good environment, but it would be a real speculative trade.

However selling the farm for him would be a disaster, and in this case anything more than a first rd pick is far too much.

I reckon he would be untradable as the Blues will want way too much for him and no club will be willing to give up what they want.

I tend to agree with this. Our first round pick will be around 11-13 mark (I was tempted to say 16 here ;D ). In a thin draft this does make sense to trade our first rd pick but no more.

He has good skills, he is quick, turns 25 December, plays multiple positions. The only issue I have is his attitude and is lazy. Right qualities to be chasing but perhaps the wrong guy.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Vlossy said:
Andy Maher mentioned this on SEN this morning and they had a discussion on what we would be willing to pay to get Yarran. Consensus was it would take more than a first round pick.
This isn't actually what was said.

Maher and Watson conceded that Yarran would cost a 1st round draft , with Carlton having to give Yarran and a 3rd or 4th pick back the other way.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
nikolasmia said:

Maher and Watson conceded that Yarran would cost a 1st round draft , with Carlton having to give Yarran and a 3rd or 4th pick back the other way.

Pretty sure Watson said it would take more but might have miss heard it. I will double check when it is up on SEN website.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Playing like a bloke who doesn't give a toss at the moment but when he's on he's brilliant.

Screaming out for a change of environment.

Would love him at Punt Road!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Vlossy said:
Pretty sure Watson said it would take more but might have miss heard it. I will double check when it is up on SEN website.
Yeah, they said we'd need to give more than our first rounder for yarran

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
nikolasmia said:

That's the way I heard it to

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
At least Treloar is still our priority

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-tigers-interested-in-carltons-chris-yarran-20150730-gio7d0.html

Chimptastic

Tiger Superstar
Aug 22, 2014
So basically, we're chasing a big fish this trade period and if that fails we wind up with a bedwetter.

Big fish or big night on the ****? Defining off-season.

T-Shirt Tommy

Kim Jong Gil
Apr 11, 2011
nikolasmia said:

This is correct.

It initially seemed like Watson was saying that we would need to give more than our first but he clarified his comment soon after.

No way would I give our first.