Christianity | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Christianity

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Morrisson wan't with Hillsong.
He's mates with the founder and has been at plenty of Hillsong events despite him saying he's not involved with them.

Can't really believe anything that comes out of his mouth I suppose

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
He's mates with the founder and has been at plenty of Hillsong events despite him saying he's not involved with them.

Can't really believe anything that comes out of his mouth I suppose
Yeah I don’t pay much attention so this type of media grab must have stuck in my head. Still a fail though.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005

Who would have thought
- a church protects senior leaders from accountability for sexual deviancy
- abuses of vulnerable people taking money and resources from its own community and then abandons them when they need help.
- abuses the tax advantages it has
- funnels resources to wealthy people at the top

It's not the greatest podcast I've ever listened but pretty interesting so far.

We need a party that gets rid of all tax loopholes for religion. Not surprising where self-interest is involved, that it gets abused. Same old story of power protecting power we see everywhere.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
While on song, I thing its critically important Pesutto gets his way and eradicates the extremists religious types like Deeming from the Liberal Party. If they don't, they are done.

But moreover, we just can't have religious extremists involved in politics. What is going on in the US atm can't be allowed to happen here.

Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
While on song, I thing its critically important Pesutto gets his way and eradicates the extremists religious types like Deeming from the Liberal Party. If they don't, they are done.

But moreover, we just can't have religious extremists involved in politics. What is going on in the US atm can't be allowed to happen here.

Agree but I don’t know how you stop people voting for them - even after the Morrison debacle they aren’t going away (just a bit quieter at the moment)

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Ridiculing people for believing in sky fairies now illegal.

Religion is very good at politics. Would love to see some more outspoken atheists get a crack and remove tax credits for religious organisations.

IMG_1441.png