Christianity | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Christianity

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Giardiasis said:
Terrible news.

So are they protecting their children from Islam as well as Judaism,and Taoism, Hinduism, Shintoism,etc etc.

What they need to be protecting their children from iNew World Order Globalism and it’s funded and supported Marxist overthrow that is sending Europe and the rest of the Western World down the S Bend

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
antman said:
It's a satirical site you dullards.

This is a good example of fake news whipping people up into hysterics. Ultimately people enjoy being outraged if it suits their political agenda.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
bullus_hit said:
This is a good example of fake news whipping people up into hysterics. Ultimately people enjoy being outraged if it suits their political agenda.

Indeed. On both the Left and the Right.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-06/pope-acknowledges-priests,-bishops-have-sexually-abused-nuns/10784118

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
HR said:
Religion hey. What a *smile*ing joke.

i've heard many religious people tell athiests over the years "if you don't believe in god, where do you get your morals?" you can only cry when you hear stuff like George Pell.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Have we said anything? Has he been stripped of any role/title etc.

Not sure we are great at these issues - still miffed we stayed silent on the SSM debate.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Just been put in twitter gaol for a tweet about eradicating religions. Not sure which particular ideological nutbag got their panties in a bunch. Here is the tweet in full (in response to a tweet about Scientologists) tell me what you think?

"Recruiting recently in Citywest Shopping Centre. I'm against all pernicious cults (Catholic/Protestant/Islamic/Jewish/Chiarraí) but while we should work to erradicate them, we really shouldn't be letting new ones sprout."

So my aim was squarely on Scientology and while I think all religious ideology is pointless at best and dangerous at worst I hate that Scientology have been allowed to build a centre in my area and I see them recruiting a bit. It irks me.

(Chiarraí is the Irish for County Kerry and the rivalry is very Sydney/Melbourne-like between some counties)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Perhaps they thought the word eradicate was threatening violence in some way?

Totally agree with your tweet. Dangerous is the word.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Perhaps they thought the word eradicate was threatening violence in some way?

Totally agree with your tweet. Dangerous is the word.

I can see that. I thought the fact that I said, "work to" eradicate sounded less immediate and threatening and that it was directed at the ideology not the adherents should have meant it couldn't be interpreted as threatening. I pleaded my case to the Twitter algorithm. It was unmoved.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Probably opening a can of worms, but isn't all religion pretty much a cult?
Yep, very large can there wowee!

Was having this very discussion with my elderly, god fearing ultra catholic mother just yesterday..... sadly in her case they just beat religion into her in a convent boarding school to the point where I've figured out that she's still so *smile* scared of what they preached to her..... her brain can't possibly believe anything else.
Having been to a Christian brothers school, I consider myself extremely lucky that I had some older, tougher, street smart relatives to look out for me. On reflection, some classmates were not that fortunate!

Whether or not all religion is a cult, ..... who's to say?
Plenty of people think following Richmond borders on cult like behavior!

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
What is the difference between a cult, Christianity, and Islam?

The number of followers.

The less followers, the more whacky/unique it’s able to be.

One could describe it as the natural selection of belief systems. Successful belief systems spread, survive, and get transmitted to the next generation.

Over centuries, they withstand environmental changes through adaptation (E.g. various Christian branches accepting evolution) or in the absence of adaptation, by resisting those environmental changes (E.g. faith enforceable by law in Saudi Arabia).

The adaptability of each branch in the belief evolution tree determines the degree of whackiness perceived by everyone outside your evolutionary branch.

It’s basic science. The only question is who created the first belief system?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
[QUOTE="123kid, post: 2420140, member: 8159"
The only question is who created the first belief system?
[/QUOTE]
Foolish question. God, of course. Then people came along n *smile* it all up.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
What is the difference between a cult, Christianity, and Islam?

The number of followers.

The less followers, the more whacky/unique it’s able to be.

One could describe it as the natural selection of belief systems. Successful belief systems spread, survive, and get transmitted to the next generation.

Over centuries, they withstand environmental changes through adaptation (E.g. various Christian branches accepting evolution) or in the absence of adaptation, by resisting those environmental changes (E.g. faith enforceable by law in Saudi Arabia).

The adaptability of each branch in the belief evolution tree determines the degree of whackiness perceived by everyone outside your evolutionary branch.

It’s basic science. The only question is who created the first belief system?
They say the difference between a cult and religion is time. That's probably about right.

I've taken an interest to watching how the whole Trump thing will play out. It's certainly cult like. Some are even advocating he's the chosen one. The evangelicals can't see past his pussy grabbing, charity cheating, vulgar and generally morally bankrupt ways. It's bloody bizarre as you'd think they'd be the most critical. I suspect things will get really bad over there before it improves.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I've taken an interest to watching how the whole Trump thing will play out. It's certainly cult like. Some are even advocating he's the chosen one. The evangelicals can't see past his pussy grabbing, charity cheating, vulgar and generally morally bankrupt ways. It's bloody bizarre as you'd think they'd be the most critical. I suspect things will get really bad over there before it improves.
Ooooooh Trumpism. Pussy grabbing, lying, cheating n being morally bankrupt. Where do I sign up?