Club cultures. Ticks and bombs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Club cultures. Ticks and bombs.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Given we finally have a great culture, it seems that success comes from a great culture and management. Thus Hawthorn, West Coast, Sydney, Geelong and us have great cultures that have allowed them to succeed for long periods of time.
Melbourne had a flash in the pan and then failed, presumably something happened inside the club that destabilised it.
Collingwood are getting better but players still involved in poor judgement calls.
Essendon haven't won a final for 15 years, like us in the past, and have allowed exceedingly poor judgement calls.
St Kilda have fallen away with the loss of great players, poor calls from management (going to Seaford).
Bulldogs have a few loose cannons.
North Melbourne. Quiet well managed on a small budget. If they can fix culture they could succeed.
Carlton. Run by billionaires. Feet of clay. Players are not a concern.
Adelaide, poor management has derailed the club. The loss of Phil Walsh has certainly shellshocked them.
Port Adelaide. Loud mouth president seems a bit destabilising.
Fremantle. the poor cousin, but culture not strong enough.
Brisbane. Culture is improving through strong management and a coach driving change.
Gold Coast. How not to run a club. AFL far too involved in the experiment.
GWS. Well run. Given that Sheedy and Williams got them started, its not surprising. AFL gives them money but do they get involved in management?

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
AAhh the Kochies I bet their fans wish he'd STFU and stick to playing with the Cash Cow.

They are faux in so many areas.

Duursma the Faux Robin Hood.

Wines the Faux Port player, does he even want to be there anymore?

Rosee the faux Chad! He can play but he's not at Chad status yet for the Kochies.

Westhoff the Faux Tall who has made a career of being the softest outside running bloke thats near 2 m tall has hardly crashed a pack in 10 years

SPP the faux Dusty tuffy midfielder lacking the footskill, no epic haircut and a faux don't argue. He is not as faux sniper though he is good at that.

Dixon the most Fauxest Power Forward in the league - built like Tarzan plays like a Brunswick Soy Boy, lives off weak free kicks.

Kochie himself - the Faux Kennett / Mc Chins

The Club - dont even have their own identity had to get a new one to enter the league.

The fans - Faux crowd needed to use tarps to cover the empty seats.

Got torched by the RFC seconds last year in a critical home loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Agree with much of that, @Bennnny

Footscray is the club that has surprised / disappointed me. With Gordon, Wood and Beveridge in the main roles, I would have expected better. Murphy was a good egg, so was Morris.

The word is that Stringer was an appalling influence and the matters that were made public relating to him certainly suggested as much.

Given the club got it together in 2016, you'd have thought the culture was stronger than it has turned out to be.

Some handle success better than others, I guess.

Regarding GWS, Matthews is obviously a good operator, we know Cameron is a ripper bloke and the likes of Ward, Davis and Coniglio are solid citizens but they've had their issues with Campbell, Silvagni, Whitfield, Lambert and Allen. Good thing they're having on field success because I don't think it would take much for the place to fall away.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Given the club got it together in 2016, you'd have thought the culture was stronger than it has turned out to be.

Some handle success better than others, I guess.

Thats where our culture and leadership showed themselves to be a cut above.

Most expected the Tigers to immediately be sated and go back to being our mediocre former selves well 2018 put that to bed and 2019 buried it.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe we'll bash them up come Grand Final Day for another meaningless Premiership against an Interstate Foe again at OUR HOME GROUND !!!

Same way the Hawks did but lets not talk about that.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Having a bit of a laugh, but the Kochies are great at talking themselves up.
I can't have Kochie. Seems to think he's the smartest bloke in the room but comes off like a 1980s president who is only there to advocate for his own club. Pity Port Adelaide isn't worthy of tying the shoelaces of most other clubs.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
I can't have Kochie. Seems to think he's the smartest bloke in the room but comes off like a 1980s president who is only there to advocate for his own club. Pity Port Adelaide isn't worthy of tying the shoelaces of most other clubs.
He is trying to give Port some visibility, the side needs to have done better. They should be a good side.