Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Looks to me to be:

1. Turner
2. English
3. Rance
4. Garthwaite/Miller
5. Broad/Markov
6. Higgins

This assumes Houli re-signs and DEG is retained.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Agreed it is a surprise.

Turner was flying last year, as an underage player.

Perhaps we just have a lot of people for his position and need to drop one, even if they look okay?

English was developing well too!

Boy has our club changed if this type of player aint good enough :)
Both unlucky but certainly not that they are not good enough, but more that we have enough. Great pick ups there for someone.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Both unlucky, but not that they were not good enough, more that we have enough. Great pick ups there for someone.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
one of them in rookie list?
Maybe. It looks like we may now trade a few out with Broad, Higgins, Garthwaite, Markov and Rance having been mentioned as possible trades, and upgrade some picks for both this year and next.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Naish and Chol (rookie) are contracted next year so it's assumed they won't be delisted

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Shocked that Fraser Turner has been delisted , with Luke English
He isn’t 20 yet, youngest player in the 2018 draft
I thought he looked really good as the season progressed in the vfl last year.
Agree with others, we are going well if we can let players like him go.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Dash

Staff member
May 10, 2010
Very surprised. In particular, I thought Turner had a lot of upside. I wouldn't be surprised if either player followed Craig McRae to Hawthorn.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Looks to me to be:

1. Turner
2. English
3. Rance
4. Garthwaite/Miller
5. Broad/Markov
6. Higgins

This assumes Houli re-signs and DEG is retained.

Reckon you are about right, but I'd say 5 is more DES / Markov (both playing for the same spot). With smaller list sizes players will either be expected to play multiple positions or very very good in the one they are in. Thats why for me DES will not be re-signed for next year, he has too many holes around the defensive side of his game and can't play anywhere other than half back.

We have 41 now, if we are expecting to draft 3 (our 1st, MRJ and Baxter - I wonder if we are planning on drafting Baxter), then if we say we need to drop to a list size of 40 then we need to drop 4 more, so one of Garth / Miller, 1 of Des / Markov and then 2 more. Seems like Higgo may be traded, the other, who knows.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Reckon you are about right, but I'd say 5 is more DES / Markov (both playing for the same spot). With smaller list sizes players will either be expected to play multiple positions or very very good in the one they are in. Thats why for me DES will not be re-signed for next year, he has too many holes around the defensive side of his game and can't play anywhere other than half back.

We have 41 now, if we are expecting to draft 3 (our 1st, MRJ and Baxter - I wonder if we are planning on drafting Baxter), then if we say we need to drop to a list size of 40 then we need to drop 4 more, so one of Garth / Miller, 1 of Des / Markov and then 2 more. Seems like Higgo may be traded, the other, who knows.

I think DES may just survive, but wouldn't be shocked to see him cut. Agree with your points re the defensive side of his game. He should be made to follow Bachar around all preseason if he stays.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
North will take em
I'm guessing the reason behind the mass culling at North is the hope of picking up delisted players from other clubs even more so now as clubs have no choice but to make premature changes they otherwise may not normally make. The reasoning must be based on the premise of a numbers game in the hope out of the 10-20 they bring in some will go on to have long term careers at the club?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
End of this year I think????
Rance was contracted to end of 2021, he signed a 4 year deal 20/06/2015 to take him to end of 2019, on 12/07/15 12/07/18 he signed a further 2 year deal to take him to end of 2021

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Rance was contracted to end of 2021, he signed a 4 year deal 20/06/2015 to take him to end of 2019, on 12/07/15 12/07/18 he signed a further 2 year deal to take him to end of 2021
Thanks Taz.
Really thought it was the end of 2020.
So he walked away from a 3 year contract.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Geez I’ll be pissed off if Broad goes. I haven’t had a lot to complain about over the last few years, but that might make up for it.

And who’s this Baxter that keeps getting mentioned...?

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Geez I’ll be pissed off if Broad goes. I haven’t had a lot to complain about over the last few years, but that might make up for it.

And who’s this Baxter that keeps getting mentioned...?

Baxter is the NGA kid we have access to. No idea if we will draft him.

Reactions: 1 users