Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just a product of list reductions I suppose.

Really, this is not the time for list reductions when so many developing players have missed a year in the seconds.

The club would have to be looking at everyone on the list and asking who has to go as we reduce the size of the list and must draft.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/to-richmond-tigers according to this site he's not contracted now let alone contracted next season
According to the AFL site he is still on our list. According to C Wilson he may be coming back?
There was some suggestion that he may be seeking to resume with another club, possibly the Bulldogs. If he returns to the Tigers that's good news. If he wants to go the Bulldogs, Blair should be able to arrange a suitable trade.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
According to the AFL site he is still on our list. According to C Wilson he may be coming back?
There was some suggestion that he may be seeking to resume with another club, possibly the Bulldogs. If he returns to the Tigers that's good news. If he wants to go the Bulldogs, Blair should be able to arrange a suitable trade.
5240666.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Sad to see two kids go, particularly given their second year did not allow them development in the VFL.

Harsh call but a collateral outcome of reduced list sizes.

Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Just a product of list reductions I suppose.

Really, this is not the time for list reductions when so many developing players have missed a year in the seconds.

The club would have to be looking at everyone on the list and asking who has to go as we reduce the size of the list and must draft.

DS
The 2nd tier competitions will be the winners in this . There will be a lot of good players running around outside the AFL system

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Caddy is an interesting one. Seems surplus to our needs and can't really find a permanent spot for him.

North should make him a huge offer. We can take their first this year or next

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Melbourne have cleared out the players that really let them down in 2020. Cory and Josh Wagner and Kyle Dunkley. Keep reading that Essendon are looking at picking up Kyle Dunkley in their efforts to get Josh from the Bulldogs.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Melbourne have cleared out the players that really let them down in 2020. Cory and Josh Wagner and Kyle Dunkley. Keep reading that Essendon are looking at picking up Kyle Dunkley in their efforts to get Josh from the Bulldogs.
Just fringe players, really.

Heat needs to be on players like Brayshaw (placed in Brownlow), Harmes & McDonald (placed in b&f), also Salem, Melksham, Fritsch who have fallen off the pace. And Tomlinson and Lever for not delivering. Father Time has caught up with Jones/Jetta/Hibberd.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Heat needs to be on players like Brayshaw (placed in Brownlow), Harmes & McDonald (placed in b&f), also Salem, Melksham, Fritsch who have fallen off the pace. And Tomlinson and Lever for not delivering. Father Time has caught up with Jones/Jetta/Hibberd.
Was surprised that Nathan Jones was going around again in ‘21.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Was surprised that Nathan Jones was going around again in ‘21.
It's not an old list, I guess they're a bit gun shy after getting rid of their older players a decade ago and falling in a heap. Everything is in place for them, except the players' heads.

Hibberd snuck into the top 10 at their b&f but looks cooked to me.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Its a massive indictment on Tomlinson that they pushed hard for him last year to play on a wing opposite Langdon, that only a year later they are prepared to offer a 3 year contract to a 32 year old (Isaac Smith) to replace him. Massive massive indictment.

Where did McDonald place in their B&F?

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Rance’s non-return still makes me sad. He was comparable to Dusty.

It’s amazing we won a further 2 flags without him.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Its a massive indictment on Tomlinson that they pushed hard for him last year to play on a wing opposite Langdon, that only a year later they are prepared to offer a 3 year contract to a 32 year old (Isaac Smith) to replace him. Massive massive indictment.

I think it a massive indictment on their recruiting/talent identification. I always thought it was wrong to think Tomlinson could play wing. He is a KP with good athleticism. That does not make him a wingman.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008

It's actually a massive indictment on the recruiting team at Melbourne, not the lad himself.
He was an unusual wingman in the same way as Caddy was; worked for a while under a certain structure, but unless he is aerobically gifted, unsustainable.
I don't begrudge Tomlinson in the slightest getting the well-renumerated ticket back to his home state; i just feel sorry for him it had to be with Melbourne.
Their Football Department changes its mind and view on players intra season and appears to have no long term vision - another year for Nathan Jones - really?
Still, it could have been worse for Tomlinson; he could have drawn the short straw like his mate Aiden Corr and had to take the Arden St offer.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
When I saw this you were all thought to be cheering his return. Now I see that aint true.

Not sure exactly what you mean by this but I've always been a realist on Rance. He left for a reason (or reasons), he's been out of the game for two years now. I just can't see him coming back and performing to near the same level now unfortunately.

Apols if I've misunderstood this post.