Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
No I didnt say that, common knowledge that we came to an agreement with him for 2020.

We still haven't delisted him though

I think its more the terminology that i struggle with. Rance doesnt get delisted :)

Due to the fact that list lodgments are required, means that players whom do not have contract ie. Rance retired and is not offered a contract rather than delisted, just not added to new list when lodged as retired...

My understanding in a normal year most contracts are until early/mid Oct. If they are out of contract they are effectively not offered a new contract and will not be included in new list lodgments. So from Oct to Dec its about list management, players retire, are delisted, rookied etc...

You could say this is being delisted and i understand we are being pedantic but i think there is a difference? Retiring, changing your contract and pay out amount isnt being delisted?, its just not being included into the New list lodgements for players under contracts for next season ahead.

For Rance, he would actually need to be offered a new contract and sign to be added onto the list to be lodged.

Edited; to make more sense :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Off the AFL site... Apologies if posted previously

richmond.jpg

Current contracted for 2021: 39

The Tigers will carry one Category B player at this stage after committing to ruckman Mate Colina. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith was delisted off the same list on Wednesday. While Bachar Houli's new deal is yet to be publicised, he's locked and loaded for 2021 at Punt Road. The Tigers have committed to retaining Ben Miller as a rookie after three seasons on the senior list. Liam Baker has been promoted off the rookie list leaving the Tigers with five current rookies – Miller, Sydney Stack, Marlion Pickett, Jake Aarts and Mabior Chol. Alex Rance is officially retired and has been removed from the list.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Off the AFL site... Apologies if posted previously

richmond.jpg

Current contracted for 2021: 39

The Tigers will carry one Category B player at this stage after committing to ruckman Mate Colina. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith was delisted off the same list on Wednesday. While Bachar Houli's new deal is yet to be publicised, he's locked and loaded for 2021 at Punt Road. The Tigers have committed to retaining Ben Miller as a rookie after three seasons on the senior list. Liam Baker has been promoted off the rookie list leaving the Tigers with five current rookies – Miller, Sydney Stack, Marlion Pickett, Jake Aarts and Mabior Chol. Alex Rance is officially retired and has been removed from the list.

How many spots are remaining for the kids??

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just wondering..........my wife does say that I think too much.

Rance's contract for 2020 and 2021 was paid out, he accepted a significantly reduced payment.............................

We kept him on the list for the 2020 season. Could we keep him on the list again for 2021?
Once the 12 month's marriage separation has passed (soon), and a financial settlement has been finalised, what's to stop him from coming out of retirement, and renegotiating a new contract?

Until we officially hear from the RFC that he is delisted, I live in hope.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Those who wanted Stack delisted must be pretty disappointed.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Rance's contract for 2020 and 2021 was paid out, he accepted a significantly reduced payment.............................

We kept him on the list for the 2020 season. Could we keep him on the list again for 2021?
Once the 12 month's marriage separation has passed (soon), and a financial settlement has been finalised, what's to stop him from coming out of retirement, and renegotiating a new contract?

According to the AFL site, he is no longer on our list.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

well you won’t here the word delisted and Rance in the same sentence he has retired like Beams from the pies who retired early based on a settlement- I don’t think Beams was delisted either - pedantic I know.

Yes he could now sign up with another club if he wanted to - maybe that’s what the pies are up to .......:flush

• Wow

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
well you won’t here the word delisted and Rance in the same sentence he has retired like Beams from the pies who retired early based on a settlement- I don’t think Beams was delisted either - pedantic I know.

Yes he could now sign up with another club if he wanted to - maybe that’s what the pies are up to .......:flush

I would deadset :vomit

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just heard it on SEN.

St Kilda like the Cats are going to have a crack at the flag in 21 !
What does that mean? If they don't win it Ratten is gone?
They shouldn't put high expectations on themselves.
The club's DNA is always near enough is good enough. I reckon they have the same chance of winning the 2021 flag as freo has.

• Haha

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Just heard it on SEN.

St Kilda like the Cats are going to have a crack at the flag in 21 !
Like the cat's, we're just gonna have to spoil their fun again

So much fun slapping these teams that used to give us so much pain

• Love
Reactions: 2 users