Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Taz, I know that we kept Rance on our list, but wasn't his contract paid out. From memory he accepted a reduced payment of his contract.
quite possibly so, doesn't alter the fact we haven't yet delisted him so therefore is still on the list & contracted

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yeah, 202 games, two flags at different clubs, leading goal kicker in a premiership side (45 in 2012).
And one of the best kicks to ever play the game, all the way out to 60m+. Elite boot; wouldn't have minded seeing him kicking it into our FL lace-out to Jack, Tom and whoever.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I believe Alex contract has now expired, he is on our list until list lodgements occur in the coming weeks/months, wouldn't get to excited unfortunately.
Yes, that's my understanding, he was contracted until 2021 but it was paid out. If he was to have a change of heart before list lodgements are due, a new contract would have to be drawn up.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Yes, that's my understanding, he was contracted until 2021 but it was paid out. If he was to have a change of heart before list lodgements are due, a new contract would have to be drawn up.
Correct

he doesn’t need to be delisted, just not offered a new contract as he’s not playing on.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
SYDNEY has delisted Jackson Thurlow, Robbie Fox, Zac Foot and Sam Gray

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Correct

he doesn’t need to be delisted, just not offered a new contract as he’s not playing on.
I think you will find that Tross will come off the list come the list Lodgement period, off list means delisted.

Cant be official until that happens, remember Chris Yarran, we had to wait for list lodgement time for him also, in Balmeys words, there was no mechanism available until list lodgement time

Last edited:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Looks like we have hardly cut back compared to the other clubs

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
St Kilda have quietly delisted 10 players now. Nathan Brown, Doulton Langlands, Ryan Abbott, Jack Bell, Jack Mayo, Logan Austin, Matt Parker, Ed Phillips, Jonathon Marsh, Shane Savage and Nick Hind traded.

Port too been busy: Joe Atley, Wylie Buzza, Tobin Cox, Riley Grundy, Jack Watts, Brad Ebert, Cam Sutcliffe, Justin Westhoff, Jake Patmore

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
SYDNEY has delisted Jackson Thurlow, Robbie Fox, Zac Foot and Sam Gray

I knew it, there was something Foxy happening there. Alot of grey area and someone was going to get the foot out the Door.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
St Kilda have quietly delisted 10 players now. Nathan Brown, Doulton Langlands, Ryan Abbott, Jack Bell, Jack Mayo, Logan Austin, Matt Parker, Ed Phillips, Jonathon Marsh, Shane Savage and Nick Hind traded.

Port too been busy: Joe Atley, Wylie Buzza, Tobin Cox, Riley Grundy, Jack Watts, Brad Ebert, Cam Sutcliffe, Justin Westhoff, Jake Patmore

Anyone that drafts someone called Wylie Buzza needs to delist themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
It’s a good idea that I’ve often wondered why it wasnt in already but I assumed it wasn’t because there’d be players who wouldn’t want to go from main list to rookie, they’d want to take their chances getting drafted to a senior list elsewhere.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It’s a good idea that I’ve often wondered why it wasnt in already but I assumed it wasn’t because there’d be players who wouldn’t want to go from main list to rookie, they’d want to take their chances getting drafted to a senior list elsewhere.

The rules a no brainer for me. If a player wants to see what options they have, then he doesn't have to accept moving to the rookie list, ie. can go to the draft if they want, but they are then taking a risk that no-one (including their current club) will pick them up.

Makes sense for us to take the min on the main list this year and bank as many rookies as possible to essentially increase our cap.

Reactions: 2 users