Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Bakes & Marlion onto main n list, Garthy & Funky Miller onto rookie list ?
Depends on whether the rumoured interest from St Kilda in Garthwaite was real.
If so, then simply delist and allow him to go to them in the draft.
List Lodgement will tell the story.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Cedric Cox released by Brisbane. Wasn't he really highly rated when he was drafted a few years ago?

Reactions: 1 user

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
We’ve delisted Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, are transferring Ben Miller to the rookie list and have re-signed Ryan Garthwaite on a 1 year deal.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Still no news on Rance. I assume he will be delisted at next list lodgement?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Still no news on Rance. I assume he will be delisted at next list lodgement?

Maybe its assumed everyones already been notified about Rance so there will be no announcement but he isn't on the list that was lodged today.

From my understanding we now have 32 on the main list (assuming Rance is gone) and 6 rookies. We need to add 5 to the main list. I would expect that both Baker and Pickett are a guarantee to be moved to the main list leaving us upto 3 picks at the ND and 3 open rookie spots if we want to take any.

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
From my understanding we now have 32 on the main list (assuming Rance is gone) and 6 rookies. We need to add 5 to the main list. I would expect that both Baker and Pickett are a guarantee to be moved to the main list leaving us upto 3 picks at the ND and 3 open rookie spots if we want to take any.
I would suspect the approach might be to leave at least one spot open for the mid season draft

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I would suspect the approach might be to leave at least one spot open for the mid season draft

I tend to agree. Its worked fairly well for us in the past with Pickett and Stack. I wonder if we have another crack at another indigenous kid. Cedric Cox was released by the Lions, apparently wanted to be traded to WA for family, but was drafted from North Ballarat. Maybe would be just as happy in VIC. Something has defo not worked for him at Brissy, he was very highly rated when he was drafted. Pick 24 in 2016.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
So now 36 still on the main list and 4 on the rookie.
Which I think leaves room for 4.
Maybe 1 or 2 mid season.

Last edited:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Pickett could stay on the rookie list for another year, that way 1/2 his salary is paid outside the salary cap, might be a way to give him a bit more coin next year, without the cap pressures.

Bakes on the list 3 years, so will have to be upgraded, Aarts & Stack 2 years, so have another year available.

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Has just been confirmed.
Garthwaite - Remains on primary list
Miller - Moved to rookie list
Eglomesse-Smith - Delisted
This is what i was hoping for. The right call imo. We cant afford to carry passengers on our train and this is all eggy was regrettably. Naish in the same predicament but younger so has time to harden up or he will be out next.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Pickett could stay on the rookie list for another year, that way 1/2 his salary is paid outside the salary cap, might be a way to give him a bit more coin next year, without the cap pressures.

Bakes on the list 3 years, so will have to be upgraded, Aarts & Stack 2 years, so have another year available.
its not 1/2 his salary, its $80k towards any rookie's salary.

If it was 1/2 the rookie's salary we would have Dusty, Jack, Tommy et al on rookie list :)

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
its not 1/2 his salary, its $80k towards any rookie's salary.

If it was 1/2 the rookie's salary we would have Dusty, Jack, Tommy et al on rookie list :)

Exactly, it doesn't matter who is on the rookie list, just the number.

I think the advantage for us in moving Bakes and Pickett to the main list, is in the minimum term for draftees. Believe its 2 years from the ND and only 1 year from the RD. Thats why I believe both will be moved to the main list and we will take others on the rookie list.

Reactions: 1 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I think Alex the great must still be on the list. Every other retired player is showing up on the AFL website.