Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
North have delisted Ed Vickers-Willis. He's the 14th player off North's books this post season.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
And Ben Buckley expects Kangas to be a top 4 side in 2-3 years.He’s not on planet earth.
Agreed, they thought Benny The Chief had rocks in his head.

But he had Richmond and its sleepy masses at his command.

Buckleys got 14 nannas 3 Cats and a Sheepdog that no longer gives a F@#$.

Outrageous expectations from North especially considering they have to build near half a list, they play their games in a Tuppaware box and have no real outstanding corporate appeal.

Gonna be a real hard for them the next few years.

Last edited:

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I know it must have been a late decision but I think the club has it right. We are not over burdened with talls but have plenty of youngsters for mids and half backs. Garth is handy in the backline and Ben has come from a long way back to improve himself with versatility and could feature at AFL next year whereas Eggs has maybe been overtaken by others never and drew the short straw thanks to reduced lists

Last edited:

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Only last night that the AFL announced that players can go direct to the rookie list. ie Miller
I wonder, with the lateness of this decision, the ramifications of some of the already delisted players may have been able to be rookies at their existing clubs.
You’d reckon any reputable organisation would have had this sorted and given clubs ample notice

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I wonder, with the lateness of this decision, the ramifications of some of the already delisted players may have been able to be rookies at their existing clubs.
You’d reckon any reputable organisation would have had this sorted and given clubs ample notice
Clubs have signalled their intentions to re-rookie a number of delisted players, e.g. Gleeson & Clarke at Essendon. I'm sure the clubs would've received notice that this rule change was a possibility and will be given leeway to re-sign them as rookies if they want to.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
No, thats not correct, he is contracted till end of 2021

On the 20/06/2015 he signed a 4 year deal (till Oct 2019) then on 12/07/2018 he signed a further 2 year extension - till Oct 2021

“Rance re-signs”

I was skimming down this thread looking for list changes and that headline gave me a heart attack! :(

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
No I didnt say that, common knowledge that we came to an agreement with him for 2020.

We still haven't delisted him though

I think its more the terminology that i struggle with. Rance doesnt get delisted :)

Due to the fact that list lodgments are required, means that players whom do not have contract ie. Rance retired and is not offered a contract rather than delisted, just not added to new list when lodged as retired...

My understanding in a normal year most contracts are until early/mid Oct. If they are out of contract they are effectively not offered a new contract and will not be included in new list lodgments. So from Oct to Dec its about list management, players retire, are delisted, rookied etc...

You could say this is being delisted and i understand we are being pedantic but i think there is a difference? Retiring, changing your contract and pay out amount isnt being delisted?, its just not being included into the New list lodgements for players under contracts for next season ahead.

For Rance, he would actually need to be offered a new contract and sign to be added onto the list to be lodged.

Edited; to make more sense :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users