Coaching & Support Staff | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coaching & Support Staff

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Anybody got insights on who will make up the 25 coaching & support staff that will guide us through the rest of the 2020 season?

theglove3

Tiger Superstar
Jun 3, 2003
Heard on the news last night that Balmey will no longer feature on match day.
Still at the club just no longer involved on match day.

Bloody covid.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Anybody got insights on who will make up the 25 coaching & support staff that will guide us through the rest of the 2020 season?
Big rumour, we are getting rid of all of them and bringing back The Gesh.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Fascinating that we have kept all the coaches.

Be very interested to see who makes up the remaining positions in the 25.
I hear a few clubs saying they are happy they have been able to retain their 6 coaches, we at present have retained 9 o_O

On other footy department matters : PRE Covid Tim Livingston & Blair Hartley were given promotions whilst Balmey was still to be involved but siphoned into wider roles, (or what i call transition to retirement?).

Under Covid both Balme and Blair have been removed from the starting 25 so assume they are operating remotely or on the sly.

Below is the post 2019 season article on then structural changes:

“As a result, Tim Livingstone has been promoted to General Manager – Football Performance and Blair Hartley has been promoted to General Manager – Football Talent. Both Tim and Blair will be a part of the Club’s senior management team."

“While Neil will remain heavily involved in football, this structural change will free him up him to support broader business challenges, including the next iteration of our masterplan, business development and stakeholder engagement.”

“I have watched Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley develop into experienced football administrators in their own right and it makes perfect sense for them to step up into more senior roles.”

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Good move by the club. We have had Balme groom two people to follow his footsteps, whilst also achieving 2 premierships. Will they be as good as Balme - time will tell. But they have definitely learnt off the best. And the big bonus - Balme is still at the club.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
will be interesting to see the approach for recruiting and draft this year.
Who is kept on and what is the strategy.
Especially without junior matches** picking the draftees will be a challenge.
Lots of academy kids who will be favoured.
It will benefit the well structured clubs, so might be an opportunity to gets the draft nuggets.

*although it wouldnt surprise if they didnt cobble together an u18 national championship in September.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
So we are rolling with 9 coaches, plus the mandatory Doctor, Psychologist, Player Development Manager and COVID-19 compliance officer.

I'm tipping we have take in 2 Drs so that's 14, leaving 11 spots for everything else. Going to be plenty of people doing all sorts of extras.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
With the uncertainty about the NAB under 18's competition Would it make sense to cut recruiting staff? It would allow us to keep more assistants and rehab and conditioning staff.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is a waste of time.
Hardwick has the best team in the comp.
My 87 year old grandma could coach us.
My set up is simple
*Hardwick & Leppa game day coaches
*2 runners
*Doctor
*Physio
*property steward X2
*board holder
*opposition analyst
*Maybe a few others to do rub downs before and after the game.
*Strappers

No need for more then 15.
Lets get back to the good old day's where Coaches coached without their 274 assistants