Coburg and Richmond on verge of new agreement. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg and Richmond on verge of new agreement.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
A co-worker just told me that Phil Cleary said
on the radio that Coburg and Richmond have
a draft agreement and it is basically all
systems go and there will be an affiliation
next year.

B

brownlow2003

Hopefully there is some good news at B & F night tonight

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hopefully the promise to play VFL games as curtain raisers at Punt Road will eventuate still.

I can see how there is a conflict of interest though. It's understandable that Coburg people would want to see their team on their own home ground, especially if they don't have any allegiance with Richmond.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Hopefully the promise to play VFL games as curtain raisers at Punt Road will eventuate still.

Ian Campbell said on Wednesday night that VFL games will definitely be played at Punt Road in 2004. The number of games, the timing of those games are currently being negotiated.

I have just double checked the memebership brochure and it never specified the times the games would be played (eg as curtain raisers) just that there would be games at Punt Road in 2004.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
I have just double checked the memebership brochure and it never specified the times the games would be played (eg as curtain raisers) just that there would be games at Punt Road in 2004.

I didn't mean to give any implication that anything was mentioned in the membership brochure. I thought it was mentioned in an article how the members could get into Punt Road for free to watch the reserves before heading over to watch Richmond.

I can't be bothered looking for the article at the moment, and even if I dreamt it I don't think it's that relevant to my comment.

To be pedantic I could remove the word "promise" in my post but basically my meaning would still be the same.

I hope we get to see a Coburg curtain raiser or two.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
I don't know why they don't play curtain raisers
at both the MCG AND Punt Road. Rarely do they have
MCG curtain raisers these days. Coburg/Richmond had
one in 2002. There should be more I reckon.

The MCG would be far more valuable an experience
than Punt Road, but to balance that, Punt Road would
have a much better atmosphere than the MCG from a
spectators viewpoint.

Speaking of Raisers, is today Razor's last day or not?