Coburg V Williamstown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg V Williamstown

The Williamstown ground is at Melway map  ref 56 D-12

We usually catch the train to Williamstown, then
it's a short walk. Willianstown is the last stop, then
you just walk past the station, past the closed
overpass bridge, over the trainline to the right and
you can't miss it.

(Late edit ... sorry, I mistyped the 56 as a 55 - what a
dill!)

Coburg wins.

Looks like we hung on for a win.
There must have been a cyclone blowing towards one end.

Williamstown    0.0       7.2       9.4        14.8 (92)

Coburg Tigers   4.7        6.7     13.12     15.12 (102)

Williamstown 

Goals: Baldwin 4, Jarrad 2, Morrison 2, Nixon, Lloyd, Proctor, Kinnear, Cloke
Best: Jarrad, Cloke, Lloyd, McGough

Coburg Tigers

Goals: Fleming 2, Hilton 2, Rodan 2, Gilmour, Rayson, Foley, Dragecevic, Raines, O’Connor, Kuret, Talbot, Steinfort

Best: Rodan, Talbot, Tuck, Hilton, Fleming, Jorgenson

Also good to see that we had 12 goalkickers in the match, so we shared it around a bit. I wonder whether Rodan will come straight back in or if he'll have another couple of games for Coburg. Maybe they will leave him there to really get his confidence up.

Re: Coburg wins.

Tigerdog said:
Looks like we hung on for a win.
There must have been a cyclone blowing towards one end.

There was, but it was a very good effort by the whole Coburg team, including some of the young Tiger players.

Rodan will be a better footballer after two or three more full games at this level, the WORST thing Richmond could do to his football development is bring him back into the seniors in the next couple of weeks.

om21 said:
Did anyone actually go and watch the game? Who are the realistic chances to come back?

Yep stood there freezing our bums off.

Given that something has to change
Tuck should get a game. Hilton, although not as good as
last week was OK. I'd agree with David C on Rodan -
leave him to play out a few more full games. Blumfield is probably
a little off as well. I didn't think Weller was all that great - but
why not give him a go. Raines had a very slow start, but stepped
up a bit as the game progressed - probably not really ready yet
- but who cares! Fleming - well, I suppose he brings something,
but he did miss 2 very gettable goals - on a side track Cameron
Cloke is a tool ... whacked Fleming, and also played the loose
defender role - cheap stats - just like his brother - but I digress  ;D
Gilmour was also good. I don't believe that Fletcher played ?

Rogers played in the Coburg reserves - needs to go up
to Coburg firsts.

Coburg Tigers v Williamstown

It was mixed results for the Coburg Tigers on Saturday with the Seniors defeating the reigning premiers Williamstown in an epic struggle by 10 points, whilst the reserves loosing convincingly to a physically stronger Williamstown lineup. In gale forced winds whipping in off the bay, it was nearly impossible to score at the grandstand end of Burbank Oval where any goal was a bonus.

The honeymoon ended for Reserves Coach Carl Steinfort on Saturday, as his side suffered its first loss for the 2004 season. With the breeze reaping havoc, Williamstown adapted to the conditions early and maintained it throughout the match.

Tiger Matt Rogers made his return from injury through the Reserves and was impressive amongst the best players, nailing a goal from inside the center square. Sam Lagozzino was elevated from his local club St. Bernards and was solid up forward finishing with two majors. Despite the unrelenting pressure on the backline players, Ryan Edwards stood tall finishing Best on Ground in the disappointing loss.

It was a physical encounter with the Burgers not utilizing the breeze nor adapting to the blustery conditions. The loss has given the side a reality check going into their match against the Box Hill Hawks, which is sure to be a measuring stick for Steinfort and his charges.

Senior Coach David Flood has continued to impress in his debut season with Coburg, notching up his second win in as many weeks against the reigning premiers and powerhouse club Williamstown.

With David Rodan and Tim Fleming coming back into the side alongside youngsters Foley and Gilmour, the coaching staff were confident about stealing the points down at Willie.

Down by 1 point at half time the Burgers pilled on 7 goals in the premiership 3rd term, with great usage of the ball and the aid of the breeze. Inspirational goals by Raines and Dragicevic in the final term enabled the Burgers to get over the line by 10 points.

David Rodan was sensational with 31 possessions and two goals, as too were Shane Tuck with 25 and Rory Hilton with 20. Young Travis Jorgenson has continued his great start to the year with yet another solid performance in defense and the old stalwart Dean Talbot is back to his best.

The win leaves Coburg two and one with the side oozing confidence as they prepare to take on the Box Hill Hawks in the ANZAC day clash at the Coburg City Oval on Sunday.

Come join the ANZAC day celebrations for the annual clash as we pay tribute to all Returned Service Men and Women. Prior to the main game at 2pm, we invite all RSL members down to the oval with the players, for the one minute silence and tribute to “The Last Post”.

***Free entry for all RSL members wearing their RSL badge***

Our Next game is against Box Hill Hawks at the Coburg City Oval on Anzac Day,

Sunday the 25th April.

Reserves: 11:10am

Seniors: 2:00pm

http://coburgtigers.goal.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=28005