Comeback kid set for a new start | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Comeback kid set for a new start

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He couldnt play when he had good knees and the club is a charity case for giving him another go. A bit like collingwood a few years ago with Walker. And look what happened to him.

Totally agree. Whilst having sympathy for his 2 knee reco's, he was not up to scratch on 2 good legs. He was slow, lacked physical application and missed a number of easy shots in front of goal. I laughed when he said he wanted to play on the ball this year !

He's bulked up a lot, maybe that will help him a bit, but I doubt it.

RFC just flogs the guts out of players who aren't good enough. He's one of the 20 or more that need to go.

A

admin

RFC just flogs the guts out of players who aren't good enough. He's one of the 20 or more that need to go.
Are there any Tiger players at all you guys consider worthy of our humble support?
Go Dragga, Go Tiges!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Totally agree. Whilst having sympathy for his 2 knee reco's, he was not up to scratch on 2 good legs. He was slow, lacked physical application and missed a number of easy shots in front of goal. I laughed when he said he wanted to play on the ball this year !

He's bulked up a lot, maybe that will help him a bit, but I doubt it.

we are being invaded by imposters :-/

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Are there any Tiger players at all you guys consider worthy of our humble support?
Go Dragga, Go Tiges!

Yes.

I consider Coughlan, Chaffey, young Newman, Rodan, Johnson all have merit because they are generally well-rounded players. Maybe...maybe... Campbell fits in there also.

The others, whilst some of them are likeable, all either have at their best a) some good attributes but have some glaring deficiency e.g. Bowden, Ottens: skilful but soft as butter, Gaspar, A. Kellaway: hard at it but atrocious skills or b) they are just utterly useless with not much to offer at all e.g. Ben Holland, Clinton King, Craig Biddiscombe etc. etc.

Granted, not everyone can be perfect, but our list is completely and utterly overrated on a constant basis.

I'd love to rate 'em, but their record speaks for itself.

RFC has to have the guts to clean out not just its coach (again) but its playing list on a massive scale as well and get a greater quota of players that don't have a glaring deficiency of some sort in their game.

To ensure we don't get any more of these types, dice Beck as well.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Totally agree with redford and diggler - the sooner we take off the rose colored glasses the better.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Imposters! Just because Redford and I know a dud when we see one. Dragga will only amount to a talented VFL player, nothing more, nothing less.
The problem with the average feral tiger supporter is they pump their mediocre, overated players up so much, like no other supporters in the league, then they scratch their head in bemusement when they cant perform under pressure. We have many many dud players like this on our list. And I will whinge and moan until we get a decent coach who can do a proper culling job. ;D

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I may disagree with Redford and Diggler on which players are duds but I totally agree that the playing list needs some major culling and fast.

Frawley deserves everything he gets if he persists with the same old players that have failed time and time again.