Connors | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Connors

EJC said:
Not sure anything Connors would have to say would involve much insight or inspiration.

Kind of reminds me of the book just released about Fev. 'In My Own Words' is the title.

If that was indeed the case, I dare say the thing would be unreadable :)

Written in crayon.

EJC said:
Not sure anything Connors would have to say would involve much insight or inspiration.

Kind of reminds me of the book just released about Fev. 'In My Own Words' is the title.

If that was indeed the case, I dare say the thing would be unreadable :)
News to me that Fev could put a few words together!!!!!

By all accounts he was a popular guy - and it certainly seemed that way on Twitter. So I'm not sure he'd be keen to seek his mates out by throwing the club under the bus.

Won't be able to upgrade a rookie.

But did we upgrade one after the bye? Buy my understanding every club can upgrade a rookie after the bye.

checkside said:
Won't be able to upgrade a rookie.

But did we upgrade one after the bye? Buy my understanding every club can upgrade a rookie after the bye.

I assume we upgraded Maric, again. he was upgraded originally for Astbury (or Moore). they are both back playing so i assume he was 'demoted'. edit: was he promoted for McDonald? so maybe he didnt need to be upgraded again. confused myself now.

but as others have said we could put TV on the LTIL and upgrade another rookie in his place if we wanted.

TigerForce said:
Parrott on the Footy Show or some other journo last week mentioned that Connors is waiting for the all clear in being paid out before exposing everything to the media.

And here it comes from Channel 10 news in about 20 minutes.....

* Not as exposed as Parrott made it sound, but he won't say if he was harshly treated with the sacking and wants another chance at AFL.

* The settlement still hasn't been completed after 6 weeks??

No bombshells he's still waiting on his payout , I'm pissed off this tool is getting payed out . He really seems to think he was hard done by
The guy is an idiot

Is he going to expose the club as being too lenient in giving him 10 chances to completely stuff his career?
I doubt it, it will be a plea to get another chance.
He will downplay his latest transgression and say that he deserved another chance.
Bottom line is that he is not suited to the professional environment of an AFL club.

Some of you may know of my personal issue with Connors I posted a month or so ago - which many here bagged me over for failure to provide details.
So if Connors is waiting for his payout before exposing his story, then I promise PRE I'll go public with my story of Dan.
And if the media reads PRE, then they'll have another Connors Story for their back page!

8-
poppa x said:
[/right]pic=28030.msg1469217#msg1469217 date=1344895051]
Some of you may know of my personal issue with Connors I posted a month or so ago - which many here bagged me over for failure to provide details.
So if Connors is waiting for his payout before exposing his story, then I promise PRE I'll go public with my story of Dan.
And if the media reads PRE, then they'll have another Connors Story for their back page!

Poppa I'd consider getting rid of your post mate. I don't like connors and what ever Happend between you and him is your business and your choice to do what you want. However consider what it shows us fans to be, the media will say we are eating our own again. If connors goes public we should trust that Richmond did everything correct and have nothing to fear. But if you take your story public it would just give connors more air time.

Knighta said:
8-
Poppa I'd consider getting rid of your post mate. I don't like connors and what ever Happend between you and him is your business and your choice to do what you want. However consider what it shows us fans to be, the media will say we are eating our own again. If connors goes public we should trust that Richmond did everything correct and have nothing to fear. But if you take your story public it would just give connors more air time.

No don't agree. Sorry!
Facts are facts and any air time they give him will be simply giving him more rope to hang himself.

poppa x said:
No don't agree. Sorry!
Facts are facts and any air time they give him will be simply giving him more rope to hang himself.

Go ahead Poppa, if he bags out the club he deserves everything he gets.