Connors | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Connors

All I'm saying is going to the media with the truth doesn't mean connors can't lie. Whatever Happend must be bad for you to be so upset about it but at the end of the day all you will be is a fan of a club that's been bagged by a player seeking silly revenge.

Of course he would spin things to favour himself. He has always had a distorted view on himself and that will forever continue.

Pretty sure the club would have plenty of dirt on Connors, this is all media hype, Barret style, the Richmond hater will do anything to get a headline on us, its a joke that the bloke gets to sit in the company of footy players and actually have an opinion. I reckon I have played more games of footy than Barret.
I like it when Browny backs us every time when this bloke runs us down, he can't handle that we still pull a crowd and his club NM can't find 20K members.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
With his reputation preceding him as it does, Connors dishing dirt on the club wouldn't assist his bid to play AFL again.
Bloody waste if you ask me. Could have been a good player, had some real talent.

Just read that Dan has moved on from Port Melbourne and is going to play with Bridgewater under the coaching of ex Tiger and Blue Andy Collins. Apparently he didnt have the drive to play VFL footy any more. Just as well no-one tool a punt on him in the draft as was mooted as a possibility.

Along with Troy Taylor, is on the podium for biggest wasted talent I've seen at Richmond.

Had 35 touches in his 17th game. Kicked three goals in his sixth. Averaged 23 touches in year four with 14 games. Those year 4 numbers are so strong.

And was never the same again. Signal to me as to when life issues got in the way of football.

Reactions: 7 users
Along with Troy Taylor, is on the podium for biggest wasted talent I've seen at Richmond.

Had 35 touches in his 17th game. Kicked three goals in his sixth. Averaged 23 touches in year four with 14 games. Those year 4 numbers are so strong.

And was never the same again. Signal to me as to when life issues got in the way of football.
I remember watching him at a VFL game in his first year against Box Hill and thought we definitely have one here. Was doing freakish things.

As you say such a waste.

Reactions: 2 users

Troy Taylor was completely unsuited to professional sport. He never stood a chance of succeeding. I know a player who was at Tigers same time as Troy, said he was a freak, could do anything on field but was a disaster off field and most of it had to do with alcohol. Recruiting indigenous kids from small/remote communities is almost being unfair on them such is the shock in not only moving to a big city but also into the cut throat demands of AFL.
Dan Connors is still one of the most talented players I have ever seen. Skills, athleticism, footy nous were all top shelf. Alcohol and drugs were far too appealing.

Reactions: 1 users