Connors | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Connors

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
So it’s not too late for Trump or Putin?
How about people taking responsibility for their own actions rather than blaming other people or personal circumstances?
I know a lot of great people who had very rough upbringings and similarly many *smile* blokes who have had everything served to them on a platter.
Teach your kids about taking responsibility and resilience. It’s the best thing you can do for them
King Charles, is that you? It’s Harold here.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
So it’s not too late for Trump or Putin?
How about people taking responsibility for their own actions rather than blaming other people or personal circumstances?
I know a lot of great people who had very rough upbringings and similarly many *smile* blokes who have had everything served to them on a platter.
Teach your kids about taking responsibility and resilience. It’s the best thing you can do for them
Trump and Putin are irrelevant to my point. Of course everyone must take responsibility for their own actions and I'm not trying to blame other people or personal circumstances, but people act the way they do for a reason or reasons. So my point is to discover why they act the way they do and see if their attitudes and behaviours can be turned around before giving up on them as a hopeless case. Calling someone rotten to the core gives them no room for rehabilitation, it just writes them off as a lost cause, but is he a lost cause? How do you know he can't be rehabilitated?

Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
You’re way off here.
Conners is rotten to the core. Tied up heavily with the Sam Fisher drug debacle too.
He’s turned into a cancer and you don’t want him anywhere near our players.
He was still mates with Richo, Browny and that crew, no current blokes. He’s an addict. Down the wrong path for sure. Needs his mates more than ever. He’s not close to the current crop.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He was still mates with Richo, Browny and that crew, no current blokes. He’s an addict. Down the wrong path for sure. Needs his mates more than ever. He’s not close to the current crop.
Who told you he’s friends with Richo and Browny?
Think they’re a completely different age bracket and I personally know many of Richo’s social circle and he’s not one of them.
Connors is heavily involved in the drug industry. Not just a user. That’s documented not opinion.
Not sure who his mates are but don’t think they’re from the AFL world these days. Except for Sam Fisher and he now bitterly regrets that.

NB.
*I'm actually mates with Sam and there’s an example of a good bloke who got caught up with a bad crowd and became an addict. Great family and support and he’s determined to turn his life around. Let’s hope rehab is his turning point but will still do jail time.

Reactions: 5 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Trump and Putin are irrelevant to my point. Of course everyone must take responsibility for their own actions and I'm not trying to blame other people or personal circumstances, but people act the way they do for a reason or reasons. So my point is to discover why they act the way they do and see if their attitudes and behaviours can be turned around before giving up on them as a hopeless case. Calling someone rotten to the core gives them no room for rehabilitation, it just writes them off as a lost cause, but is he a lost cause? How do you know he can't be rehabilitated?
Wow

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Why is it Dusty's problem??????????If he wants to avoid media scrutiny and not engage with it that is his choice,Being media savvy does not always bear fruit.
I hear what you say. However, my view is If Dusty was more open with the gutter press they would probably leave him alone more. The press seem to like trying to insinuate something on most sportsmen and women worldwide who are private people and very unfair in my opinion. A number of AFL 'stars' from other clubs who get away with murder just because they court the press. That said, if Dusty stays private which is his right I am fine with it. Just my opinion

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I hear what you say. However, my view is If Dusty was more open with the gutter press they would probably leave him alone more. The press seem to like trying to insinuate something on most sportsmen and women worldwide who are private people and very unfair in my opinion. A number of AFL 'stars' from other clubs who get away with murder just because they court the press. That said, if Dusty stays private which is his right I am fine with it. Just my opinion
I know what you are saying UKT but history of the gutter press/paparazzi would suggest that whatever you give them they still want more.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I know what you are saying UKT but history of the gutter press/paparazzi would suggest that whatever you give them they still want more.
and more,and more,and more........................

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Was obvious something wasn’t right when drafted , no way a talent like him goes outside the first round , even in a super draft if there’s not something not right up top.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Been a few of those over the years. Might have burned brightly for a short time but don't last long in the professional rigors of the AFL system.
It's why draft profiling has become so important.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The media still continue to refer to law breaking X tiger's only as "Star's"

Example, *Top Tiger ties the Knot*

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Remember that game a few years back “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon”?
Replace Kevin Bacon with Dustin Martin
I‘ll start.
Vladimir Putin

Thats how the media seem to work don’t they?
LOL hasn't anyone within 6 degrees of Putin died under mysterious circumstances over the least 12 months ?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh, addiction is more powerful than anything. Consequences mnean nothing to an addict. Zero. Be that a gambling, booze, drugs or sex adiction. It's a disease of the mind. Nothing changes unless the addiction is arrested. And that's tough. And then the challenge is to stay stopped. And create new pathways in the brain. It's not an excuse. Addicts ultimately are responsible for their actions, and must be held accountable. But not all are lost causes, but many do change once they become aware of the reasons for their behaviour. But its an ongoing challenge to stay stopped.

Reactions: 6 users

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Yet if this was a current player you’d be screaming why is this anyones business lol

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Dusty's problem is he is not media savvy and avoids it whenever possible. If he was more open and friendly with the press then maybe they would back off from this unnecessary and pointless sniping
No his manager and him demand $$$$ before any interviews are given. They give interviews just when their paid and on topics they want discussed which is their debt to banks on the magnitude of mortgages they owe banks lol

That has zero to do with being shy, media savvy or wanting privacy