Contract List | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Contract List

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Just trying to update the contract list and thought it might get more input on DyerTribe. I'll merge this with the other contract thread at the end of the season. All help to check the list and provide corrections and updates would be greatly appreciated.

Contracted to the end of

2013: Dea, Arnot, O'Hanlon,

Petterd, Stephenson, all elevated from rookie list in 2013..not sure of contract situation

2014: (Hardwick) Astbury, McIntosh, McBean, McDonough, King, Newman, A.Edwards, Batchelor, Elton, Griffiths, Helbig

2015: Foley, Knights, Cotchin, Rance, Ellis, jackson grimes grigg Martin

2016: Chaplin, Vlastuin, riewoldt Conca, hampson Vickery,Houli, I. Maric S.Edwards,

2017: Deledio, Morris,

2018:

Rookie List
Darrou, Verrier, Williams

International Rookie
Gideon Simon

Retired: Tuck, Lonergan

free agent. White to port adelaide

Traded: shaun hampson [from carlton for 2nd round pick]

Delisted:
Nahas, McGuane, Derrickx

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Re: Updates to contract list 2013

Pretty sure Griff's still on the list somewhere Rosy, many may want him sold permanently to Coburg very cheaply, but it aint done just yet.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

rosy23 said:
Just trying to update the contract list and thought it might get more input on DyerTribe. I'll merge this with the other contract thread at the end of the season. All help to check the list and provide corrections and updates would be greatly appreciated.

Contracted to the end of

2013: Martin, Riewoldt, Grimes, Conca, Helbig, Grigg, Nahas, Griffith, Jackson, Dea, Batchelor, Elton, Arnot, O'Hanlon, Tuck, A.Edwards, McGuane, White, Derrickx,

Petterd, Stephenson, Lonergan all elevated from rookie list in 2013..not sure of contract situation

2014: (Hardwick) S.Edwards, I. Maric, Vickery, Houli, Morris, Astbury, McIntosh, McBean, McDonough, Newman, King,

2015: Foley, Knights, Cotchin, Rance, Ellis,

2016: Chaplin, Vlastuin,

2017: Deledio,

2018:

Rookie List
Darrou, Verrier, Williams

International Rookie
Gideon Simon

Newman & King, one year deals to the end of 2014
Petterd & Stephensen, "Elevated Rookies" I think would only be until the end of 2013. Club has then the opportunity to put them on the Senior List.
Lonergan elevated for Grimes on the LTIL, so still maybe a Rookie.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

willo said:
Newman & King, one year deals to the end of 2014
Petterd & Stephensen, "Elevated Rookies" I think would only be until the end of 2013. Club has then the opportunity to put them on the Senior List.
Lonergan elevated for Grimes on the LTIL, so still maybe a Rookie.

Thanks. Lonergan isn't listed as a rookie on the RFC site.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Tigion said:
add rance in there somewhere he's signed on for another 2 years

He's already been updated.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

rosy23 said:
Thanks. Lonergan isn't listed as a rookie on the RFC site.

All "Upgraded Rookies" would appear on the Senior List, probably expect any that get "upgraded" because of LTIL to go back to the Rookie List when the player resumes from the LTIL.
However, regarding Senior List Contracts, I think mature age or those previously on a Senior List (elsewhere) Rookies are still Rookies as they receive Rookie wage (contract) plus match payments for games played.

tigs2010

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2009

Next year should be a bit easier to get guys signed. None of our stars. Just some good players that we'd want to keep. Nice to get Jack and Dusty to do at least 3 years. Just to spread it out again.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002

Didn't realise that Knights got a 3 year deal.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

TigerMad said:

Would've been playing in the SANFL, he won tatts coming to us

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

zippadeee said:

Bulldust. Knights had built up to some great form before he was injured. A proven goal kicking small forward who is missed.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

GoodOne said:
Bulldust. Knights had built up to some great form before he was injured. A proven goal kicking small forward who is missed.
Absolutely agree. Exactly the type we need in our forward half right now.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

zippadeee said:

really bad luck he was injured. we will be a better team for his return next year.

houdini

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2009
boring dullsville perth

TigerMad said:
i thought knights was starting to prove valuable to the team and definitely in the top 20 at our club before the injury curse cut his season short

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

What I like about the 2013 list is that with a couple of exceptions they aren't our key players nor ones likely to attract much outside interest. Obviously we want to retain virtually all of them but should routine negotiations. And some are possible trade options.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004

I'm totally mystified as to the constant reference to us being close to the salary cap - so much so that Conca can't get paid a fair whack!

How can this possibly be? It's insane considering our record.

We have had no succes whatsoever.
No one on our list has achieved any team success.
Our list is young.
There are far more talented lists out there.

Something does not add up.

Have we paid way over the odds for our stars or our maure recruits or our fringe players?
I have no idea but did Craig Cameron or someone else completely stuff this up?
Expansion teams can't be only excuse as every team has had to deal with that.

Please explain!

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

maverick said:
I'm totally mystified as to the constant reference to us being close to the salary cap - so much so that Conca can't get paid a fair whack!

How can this possibly be? It's insane considering our record.

We have had no succes whatsoever.
No one on our list has achieved any team success.
Our list is young.
There are far more talented lists out there.

Something does not add up.

Have we paid way over the odds for our stars or our maure recruits or our fringe players?
I have no idea but did Craig Cameron or someone else completely stuff this up?
Expansion teams can't be only excuse as every team has had to deal with that.

Please explain!

I reckon it's disinformation, mav. For the sake of selling papers. We release pretty regular notes on richmondfc that wer'e looking to keep a lid on salaries to assemble a premiership list. And we worked for four years to get Barry Richardson's boy on list management. Player managers are 'aving a shinge to journos. Articles follow. And so on.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Who's saying we're struggling to fit our players into the salary cap?
From what I can gather we're refusing to over pay our players.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

Haven't we been pre-paying our cap for a few years now in order to give us some wiggle room? Thought that was one of the aims of TFTF.

Quack

Tiger Cub
Mar 3, 2004

Talking to a well informed mate at the Rose in Fitzroy yesterday and he said his mail is that Conca is virtually over the line at West Coast and that they have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at getting the young fella back to WA.

I will be shattered if we lose this gutsy, skilful, hard, developing inside mid - who I see as a super important member of our developing side as we move forward.

Has anyone else heard how we're going trying to keep him?