Copying from the AFL sites. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Copying from the AFL sites.

A

admin

There is something in the AFL sites that prevents certain punctuation marks showing up properly when copied onto yabb's.
Would people copying things to this board mind correcting the faults when they copy articles, or if not would there be any objection to me modifying their posts to correct it myself?
I'm not sure about others, but I find it really annoying to read all the jumbled threads.
I'm happy to modify the posts when I see them if noone objects. :)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
go right ahead Rosy. Makes me look like less of a goose ;D I forget that I have to check the article after I've posted it.

Uh oh lights are flickering please don't let the power go out. :-/

A

admin

Haha not directed at you TG. :)

I have had a couple of messages about it and was making enquiries with yabb tech support.

They are working on it, but at the moment don't know why it happens.

Other people's boards have the same problem too, so it's not just stuff copied from the AFL site as I thought.
It feels a bit of an invasion of privacy modifying other peoples posts, but if there are no objections I'll do it so the articles are easier for everybody to read.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
It seems that this 8568# problem 354$#5 has44#5 also begun 39475# my abilty to 36345#356 submit and 456# reply to 48422#posts from 4545# members 48467# of56563# this Forum46466#.....comprenda.

londontiger

The New RFC Cheersquad Chant.
Dec 17, 2002
London , United Kingdon
Any chance, and again just a suggestion, that all press articles on the tigers go into a media folder and people can comment as they see fit (I would also prefer these to stay in date order as they were released).

I can't help but think in the season proper people will continue to cut and paste news articles into tiger talk, and as a result some threads will be lost and the boards will be impossible to follow.

It also makes it a hell of a lot easier to read all related tiger articles than trawl the websites from overseas.

Regards,

London Tiger

A

admin

Any chance, and again just a suggestion, that all press articles on the tigers go into a media folder and people can comment as they see fit (I would also prefer these to stay in date order as they were released).
I have no objections to the Richmond articles that are copied from the press and club site having thier own board, but I am equally happy to have them here like they are.
I rarely look up old articles, and if I specifically want to read an old one I look up the RFC site.
Comments or preferences anybody?
We'll do whichever method gets the most support.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Doesn't worry me, but knowing me if they had their own folder I'd forget and still post them here ;D Besides most of the threads have an article starting them off to which we all reply.