Coronavirus grand final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus grand final.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So WTF are we gonna do now? We won't even have ceasars training reports to get us through the week. Might take up wood whittling.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I disagree and in reality they could keep going if teams didn’t travel interstate but I am guessing the Govt asked the AFL to stop as it was giving some people the impression that things weren’t so serious and there was still too much social interaction.
If I saw this coming two weeks ago why couldn't the AFL?

Reactions: 1 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
If I saw this coming two weeks ago why couldn't the AFL?
I think they (rightly) figured getting one game in would be better than nothing. We all knew (including the AFL) this would be a one-off. I'm glad they played.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think they (rightly) figured getting one game in would be better than nothing. We all knew (including the AFL) this would be a one-off. I'm glad they played.
Sure, understand the sentiment. Personally I couldn't enjoy it at all...

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
people said the same thing in the bye round last year. We will be unstoppable after the break :p :p

Reactions: 2 users

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
July/August should be likely.

China contained the virus in 2 months from this point, then continued normal life for the majority with strict social distancing in public.

We’re significantly weaker in our response compared to China so far, but unless money issues become more of a factor, I expect the season to continue in 3-4 months.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So WTF are we gonna do now? We won't even have ceasars training reports to get us through the week. Might take up wood whittling.
Caesar will have to diversify and give us Covid 19 updates.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
July/August should be likely.

China contained the virus in 2 months from this point, then continued normal life for the majority with strict social distancing in public.

We’re significantly weaker in our response compared to China so far, but unless money issues become more of a factor, I expect the season to continue in 3-4 months.
I think if we got back and played a round robin, divisional comp or WC style knockout starting at some point in August through late October we'd be happy. I think the 17 game season plus finals is fantasy.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Surely its a bit of a no brainer for Channel 7 to play a classic game on Friday night at 7pm and Saturday arvo at 2pm?

How many would hit the couch with a beer and a pie to watch the 1989 GF, for example? The Winmar game. Robbie Muir goes nuts. the 2017 Richmond V GWS prelim?

there's several seasons worth of great games. stick 'em in the slot, get ratings, keep things normal'ish.

What are they gonna re-run married at first *smile* sight?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Surely its a bit of a no brainer for Channel 7 to play a classic game on Friday night at 7pm and Saturday arvo at 2pm?

How many would hit the couch with a beer and a pie to watch the 1989 GF, for example? The Winmar game. Robbie Muir goes nuts. the 2017 Richmond V GWS prelim?

there's several seasons worth of great games. stick 'em in the slot, get ratings, keep things normal'ish.

What are they gonna re-run married at first ******* sight?
What? No Hogan’s heroes or two and a half men reruns?
A

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think if we got back and played a round robin, divisional comp or WC style knockout starting at some point in August through late October we'd be happy. I think the 17 game season plus finals is fantasy.
Are you still in the US, hutstar? If so, whereabouts, and what's the mood over there?