Coronavirus grand final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus grand final.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe it's because I got a Richmond fix but I reckon that can cancel the season now.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
And he say 123 that even if the season takes 40 weeks to complete!

They are factoring in not only 1 but maybe more disruptions???

40 weeks means they’re allowing for:

18 weeks for games + bye
18 weeks pandemic chaos
4 weeks of finals

This is what happens when Richmond win too many premierships.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Um it's a contact sport FFS. How on earth are they intending to police these ridiculous protocols!?

Right now footy is broken. Quite simply they should not be playing under current circumstances.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ok have had a taste of footy. Time to shut it down now in the wake of this health crisis.
Sends entirely the wrong message re social distancing at a critical time in the face of this virus.

Im the total opposite.

Ive had a taste,

now all I want is the Covid-19 premiership cup.

I don't even really mind if they give it to us now, for being a game clear on top.

My ignition point to loot a bottleshop tis heaps lower these days than it was back in '17

Right now footy is broken.

couldn't disagree more.

Under the circumstances,

Uncle Gil has never had the game in better shape

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Um it's a contact sport FFS. How on earth are they intending to police these ridiculous protocols!?

Right now footy is broken. Quite simply they should not be playing under current circumstances.
Would be even better if these media scumbags postponed this paywall rubbish especially for more important news such as this.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
One thing that puzzles me is why they would shorten the games instead of increasing the interchange bench and allowing teams to manage their players on the day / night?

Bear in mind there is no VFL, so players who aren't selected can't stay match fit. At least with extended benches, you'd be able to keep some game time into a larger portion of your list. As things stand, if players go down, they will be replaced by team mates who are doing nothing but training drills.

Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
One thing that puzzles me is why they would shorten the games instead of increasing the interchange bench and allowing teams to manage their players on the day / night?

Bear in mind there is no VFL, so players who aren't selected can't stay match fit. At least with extended benches, you'd be able to keep some game time into a larger portion of your list. As things stand, if players go down, they will be replaced by team mates who are doing nothing but training drills.
The problem with your post Fricker, is it makes too much sense.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Personally I think it is great that the season is continuing as best it can.

I'm on a two week isolation now, which I knew I would be doing before the government made it official and so had time to prepare but it is still quite difficult mentally.

Putting aside work, I'm finding having the footy as a fan a great thing.
Good on you for doing the right thing TBR. Lots of selfish *smile* not doing the right thing WRT social distancing.

Keep in contact with friends and family, to maintain your social connections.

And post up lots of your opinions here for us to agree with or get shitty at :cupgold :bash :p.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Collingwood staff member tests positive for COVID-19

A Collingwood staff member has tested positive for coronavirus.

The Magpies have revealed that a staff member – who has been in isolation since recently returning from a trip overseas – had returned the positive test but maintained that there had been no contact with the football department.

He is "recovering at home and being monitored by the Department of Health and Human Services", the club said in a statement.
"Due to quarantine requirements, the staff member has at no point been in any contact with players or staff members at Collingwood since returning and has therefore presented no transmission risk to the club," the club said.

"The staff member will not return to the Holden Centre until medically cleared to do so."

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
This isn’t grand final related but...
if a player tests positive to Covid19 why not just eliminate theclub from the 2020 comp.

They forfeit their games.
Any club drawn to plays them gets a week off And 4 pts.

Are we keeping our main squad of 26 or so away from the rest of the list?

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
This isn’t grand final related but...
if a player tests positive to Covid19 why not just eliminate theclub from the 2020 comp.

They forfeit their games.
Any club drawn to plays them gets a week off And 4 pts.

Are we keeping our main squad of 26 or so away from the rest of the list?
Gee, talk about a ‘Bradbury’ win. No thanks.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Eddie just reported a Chokingwood staff member tested positive and has quarantined. That's it, cut them out of 2020. Only 17 teams left.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Eddie just reported a Chokingwood staff member tested positive and has quarantined. That's it, cut them out of 2020. Only 17 teams left.
Like that is going to happen. Eddie Everywhere rules the roost as far as AFL is concerned. In fact he is probably the face of TV in this country. Can't not see him on every conceivable programme.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

I was thinking they should stand out for 3-4 weeks till the are cleared or certain of the virus not being spread at the club.

Any games they miss the opposition bags the 4 pts.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Well if they shut the comp down today,

Its Port V Richmond in the first prelim (played on the MCG due the contractual arrangements with the MCC)

and

GWS V Collingwood (played at Spotless stadium to avoid illiterate Collingwood fans (who obviously don't speak Auslan) turning up to the footy)

my money is on another Richmond V GWS GF.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
With weaker clubs unable to take the economic hit of cv19 they should just fold Norf up now and prepare for a Tassie team in the comp next year.

Saints, Dees, Dogs and Suns can fold too. And *smile* off the Bumblers too, simply for the fun of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Season suspended until May 31.

Essendon supporters are happy they get a better chance of winning a match in September.

Essendon now have an advantage over every other team.
1. No in season dug tests till May 31.
2. They have experience dealing with suspended football seasons