Coronavirus grand final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus grand final.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
All over. No training. Staff sacked. This goes for at least a few months. I doubt there'll be another game this year.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
They were kidding themselves. Was always gonna happen. Look at all sports around the globe. Did we think we were immune?

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The NRL is desperate to get to their Origin Series thats where their money comes from now days.

They aint making it to May.

I dont think they can keep going much longer.

They have an international side in their competition FFS!!

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Assuming that peak does occur, the government would be inclined to mandate no public gatherings to occur.
That would all but throw the season into disarray.
Could all but throw the season into dismay

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
My Collingwood supporting mate was giving me *smile* that we finished in 5th place.
I told him we had a tough draw

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Starting Round 1 was idiotic.

I thought it was inspired.

reigning premiers go undefeated in flag defense

Surely as part of Uncle Gils austerity measures, Chris Scott is the first one lining up for the white middle-class double dole on Monday?

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

At first I didn't agree. Now that we've played our match and we didn't spank the Blues by 100pts and end up on top of the table, I agree

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
On the brightside, we could be undefeated for a full 12 months.

Has that ever happened before?

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

I disagree and in reality they could keep going if teams didn’t travel interstate but I am guessing the Govt asked the AFL to stop as it was giving some people the impression that things weren’t so serious and there was still too much social interaction.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
My Collingwood supporting mate was giving me **** that we finished in 5th place.
I told him we had a tough draw

Tell your Pies supporting mate that there is a very real possibility that we will go into the 2021 season as the REIGNING PREMIER!!

May 31 is far too optimistic to resume playing again, I think this season is gone...finished! Our next game will be Round 1 against the Blooze in 2021.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tell your Pies supporting mate that there is a very real possibility that we will go into the 2021 season as the REIGNING PREMIER!!

May 31 is far too optimistic to resume playing again, I think this season is gone...finished! Our next game will be Round 1 against the Blooze in 2021.
Firstly, it's time to change that R1 fixture. Sick and tired of playing them first.

Secondly, if a winner (minor premier) of 2020 was given officially, Port wins and the Chokers are......2nd.:))

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So WTF are we gonna do now? We won't even have ceasars training reports to get us through the week. Might take up wood whittling.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I disagree and in reality they could keep going if teams didn’t travel interstate but I am guessing the Govt asked the AFL to stop as it was giving some people the impression that things weren’t so serious and there was still too much social interaction.

If I saw this coming two weeks ago why couldn't the AFL?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
If I saw this coming two weeks ago why couldn't the AFL?
I think they (rightly) figured getting one game in would be better than nothing. We all knew (including the AFL) this would be a one-off. I'm glad they played.