Coronavirus grand final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus grand final.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think they (rightly) figured getting one game in would be better than nothing. We all knew (including the AFL) this would be a one-off. I'm glad they played.

Sure, understand the sentiment. Personally I couldn't enjoy it at all...

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
people said the same thing in the bye round last year. We will be unstoppable after the break :p :p

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
July/August should be likely.

China contained the virus in 2 months from this point, then continued normal life for the majority with strict social distancing in public.

We’re significantly weaker in our response compared to China so far, but unless money issues become more of a factor, I expect the season to continue in 3-4 months.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So WTF are we gonna do now? We won't even have ceasars training reports to get us through the week. Might take up wood whittling.
Caesar will have to diversify and give us Covid 19 updates.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
July/August should be likely.

China contained the virus in 2 months from this point, then continued normal life for the majority with strict social distancing in public.

We’re significantly weaker in our response compared to China so far, but unless money issues become more of a factor, I expect the season to continue in 3-4 months.
I think if we got back and played a round robin, divisional comp or WC style knockout starting at some point in August through late October we'd be happy. I think the 17 game season plus finals is fantasy.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Surely its a bit of a no brainer for Channel 7 to play a classic game on Friday night at 7pm and Saturday arvo at 2pm?

How many would hit the couch with a beer and a pie to watch the 1989 GF, for example? The Winmar game. Robbie Muir goes nuts. the 2017 Richmond V GWS prelim?

there's several seasons worth of great games. stick 'em in the slot, get ratings, keep things normal'ish.

What are they gonna re-run married at first *smile* sight?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Surely its a bit of a no brainer for Channel 7 to play a classic game on Friday night at 7pm and Saturday arvo at 2pm?

How many would hit the couch with a beer and a pie to watch the 1989 GF, for example? The Winmar game. Robbie Muir goes nuts. the 2017 Richmond V GWS prelim?

there's several seasons worth of great games. stick 'em in the slot, get ratings, keep things normal'ish.

What are they gonna re-run married at first ******* sight?

What? No Hogan’s heroes or two and a half men reruns?
A

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think if we got back and played a round robin, divisional comp or WC style knockout starting at some point in August through late October we'd be happy. I think the 17 game season plus finals is fantasy.

Are you still in the US, hutstar? If so, whereabouts, and what's the mood over there?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Are you still in the US, hutstar? If so, whereabouts, and what's the mood over there?
Hey Mate, still here, in Florida. There's two Americas these days. In my generally pretty progressive city we've had gradual shutdowns, certainly more agressive than Australia, but still all the old republicans at my golf club are playing their weekly games and basically not paying attention at all. The mood - similar I imagine. We've been self isolated for nearly two weeks now, but we're lucky the weather is nice and we live in a place where going for a walk or ride (or even a solo 9 holes when it's quiet) is no big deal. I'm sure people in NYC apartments are going mad and scared shitless at the same time.

Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
So, still can't produce any facts that back your claim it's just a bad flu? Just more ignorant bluster?
Hello Antman and Baloo....... ;)

It's been an interesting couple of weeks indeed.

I'm not sure why you kept asking me to produce 'facts' when others already had - but - I'll assume you were singling me out.

CV-19 evolves each day (eg the Facts are adjusted based on increased testing, impact of anti-virals, death rates etc).

The ABC.news.com has a good running commentary that articulates this reasonably well - albeit their tone has adjusted slowly since Friday where the apocalyptic exponential rate (predicted to see a doubling of cases every 48hrs) has been slightly toned down now that it's reduced to 15% per day - and might trend further south.

Of course News.com.au continues to prattle on and create scaremongering (click-bait!)

It's not about loud noises.

It's more about shouting down a denier - and yes - I am a denier.

CV-19 will (IMHO) be shown to be a bad flu. Maybe even less than a bad flu. Early estimates from the WHO predicted a 4% death rate yet it is now well below 1% (not sure re Italy and I sure as hell don't trust anything out of China! I mean seriously - does anyone???).

In Germany and Korea - well below 1%. Germany is getting even lower (most recently 2-3 in every 1000) and hence CV-19 is daily looking more and more like a bad H1N1 like 'flu' ........... and TBH ............ hopefully the GOVT starts reviewing our response (albeit I've just seen that public gatherings have been reduced to two persons!!!).

Kudo's to the GOVT for taking the measure they did to reduce the initial spread - because there is no vaccine - and we simply could not have controlled it by any other means - but regardless - by all available data it's a bad flu.

Facts?

1. 16 deaths to date (4600+ infected).

2. The 2017 flu in Australia killed 750+

3. The 2017 flu in USA killed 79,000

I'm not sure what the plagiarism laws are - but you're welcome to see the latest data out of the UK and USA (please read Dr Jayanta Bhattacharya)

I do hope that I'm right - not to prove a point - but to remove the hyperbola and media driven leadership (in parts) that is in serious danger of driving us off an economic cliff that will take a generation to recover from.

Then again - I could simply be wrong :(

...... shame on me for voicing an opinion (but then again you are welcome to support China's ultimate objective!)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Filthy Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 10, 2014
Best of 3 grand final being pushed again in the Herald Sun. Amazingly with the claim it could happen this year!