Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I don't follow the Premier of Danistan on FB but I was looking up my local MLA's webpage and his FB feed was there ….. Dan is claiming anyone avoiding Chinese precincts is racist. Hopefully he also posted this in Mandarin if its not just targeted at Gweilo.

Dan Andrews
Politician · 609,675 Likes
· 1 hr ·
Last I checked coronavirus wasn't on the banquet menu.
But many Victorians seem to think it is.
Box Hill's restaurants are quiet. Chinatown gets more deserted by the day.
But that's not because of any medical advice or common sense.
A lot of it is simply fear.
A view that somehow, for whatever reason, Chinese people – and Chinese restaurants – should be avoided.
It's wrong – and it's discriminatory.
So let me say this, as clearly as I can:
Chinese communities are safe.
Chinese restaurants are safe.
Get out this weekend and have a meal.
And don't let fear ruin what's great about our state.

He’s probably right, it’s probably safe. But there is plenty of choice when it comes to food, so why take a chance?

My favourite fish ‘n’ chip shop is run by Chinese people and closed down for a fortnight until early this month. I have no idea whether they holidayed in China or not, but I’m having a rest from fish ‘n’ chips for a little while.

Yes it’s discriminatory and some might even label it racist. So be it.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Very brave of Dan to get his Chinese food as take away.....

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Very brave of Dan to get his Chinese food as take away.....
Yeah hypocritical much Dan?

I live in one of the most popular areas for Chinese people in Melbourne. I can tell you from my own observations that the Chinese themselves have been staying away more so than anyone else.

Just ridiculous hyperbole from the so called leader of the state.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He’s probably right, it’s probably safe. But there is plenty of choice when it comes to food, so why take a chance?

My favourite fish ‘n’ chip shop is run by Chinese people and closed down for a fortnight until early this month. I have no idea whether they holidayed in China or not, but I’m having a rest from fish ‘n’ chips for a little while.

Yes it’s discriminatory and some might even label it racist. So be it.

It's also probably safe to go down to safeway to get your groceries as well.

People not going to get Chinese food is just dumb.

Honestly, there are more significant impacts of this virus, but it's still dumb.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah hypocritical much Dan?

I live in one of the most popular areas for Chinese people in Melbourne. I can tell you from my own observations that the Chinese themselves have been staying away more so than anyone else.

The Chinese are staying away from their own restaurants yet dan is calling others racist?.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
With so much of China in lock down, the flow on effects will be interesting to say the least in the next few months.
So much of what we rely on is made in China.
The effects of that will soon bite..

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
518ghnBcL1L.SX316.SY316.jpg

Life imitates art?

This 1981 novel is about a virus named Wuhan-400 which escapes from a Chinese bio-military lab in Wuhan...

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Another 99 cases aboard the Diamond Princess. You couldn't get me off that thing quick enough, even if it meant another two weeks of boredom locked up in a military barracks.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
"In May I think the world will be very different...we might all be in a situation where we're dealing with a pandemic...where there'll be as many cases in Australia as everywhere else in the world." - Dr Bruce Sutton : Victorian Chief Health Officer

May.

Interesting times ahead.
Why May? The flu doesn't come in until late July/early August and Melbourne winters have been warmer than usual.

This is ridiculous. Fear and panic is spreading quicker than the virus itself.