Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
jumping into this debate for no apparent reason however when looking at Covid deaths, one must understand that the deaths attributed to Covid are in fact false. The vast majority may have died WITH Covid in their system, but no from Covid.

On the contrary, the majority of deaths associated with the vax are directly from the vax.
This nonsense goes back to conspiracy theories from 2020 and posting on Facebook. Even Trump bought into it.
It comes from a complete misunderstanding of what doctors put on death certificates.
The same theory could be used to say cancer doesn’t kill many people because a lot of cancer sufferers die from organ failure.
Here is one reference to this that was easily found by a simple google
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25U2IO

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
jumping into this debate for no apparent reason however when looking at Covid deaths, one must understand that the deaths attributed to Covid are in fact false. The vast majority may have died WITH Covid in their system, but no from Covid.

On the contrary, the majority of deaths associated with the vax are directly from the vax.
B2009F04-F8AA-4359-9664-464E38FE8458.jpeg
Think hard about this.

• Haha

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009

Sorry Newy but this is wrong.
1 Very very few people have died from a vaccination. Hardly any in fact.
2 Covid is the cause of death in many millions of people world wide and is preventable.

Death from covid presents in a variety of ways and this is where you are confused.
Covid causes death from cardiac failure and other organ failure as well as overwhelming pneumonia. A death certificate must specify the ultimate problem that lead to death ie cardiac failure, renal failure, pneumonia....the back ground cause is not stated as the ultimate cause of death. This is where fraudulent people will misuse information deliberately.
If a diabetic developed renal failure and dies, the death is listed as renal disease primarily, not diabetes, but diabetes is the ultimate cause.
If a person with very high blood pressure has a stroke and dies, the cause of death is listed as a stroke, not hypertension, even though hypertension is the ultimate cause.
An AIDS patient dies of pneumonia which is listed as the cause of death but HIV was the ultimate reason.
And so it is with covid.
Many millions of people with family and a desire to live, have died unnecessary deaths due to covid infection.
Don't believe the garbage the deceiving or confused 10% of people with personal agendas on this planet will try to manipulate you with.
Ask yourself this...
Why do people want us to get vaccinated......answer.....for the health of human kind.
Why do people not want us to get vaccinated...answer....for personal agendas, idiotic beliefs, ignorance and because some humans are just self interested and vile.
Where do you think a decent person should stand?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

BT Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I find it very hyprocritical that the media moved on about 24 hours after revelations that Gladys lied to the population about the health advive she received and refused to act upon, especially in contrast to how Victoria was treated by large sections of Australian media for their supposed failings. Bearing in mind in June last year we all though transmission occurred from touch and our understanding of the virus has grown significantly since then. But NSW arrogantly dismissed our hard fought learnings and attempted a flimsy postcode lockdown 2 weeks after the outbreak, tried a half arsed state wide lockdown after 4 weeks, and then after 6 weeks told us we need to learn to live with the virus now, nothing they can do! Hyprocritical *smile*!

If it were a Labor premier I have no doubt that we'd still be reading headlines about how the NSW Premier was responsible for 1000+ deaths nationally and in NZ by seeding the virus everywhere. Many of us were pointing it out at the time only to be poopooed as hyprocrites due to questions over who hired the security guards etc. The Liberal party always get a dream run in the media.

• Love

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This nonsense goes back to conspiracy theories from 2020 and posting on Facebook. Even Trump bought into it.
It comes from a complete misunderstanding of what doctors put on death certificates.
The same theory could be used to say cancer doesn’t kill many people because a lot of cancer sufferers die from organ failure.
Here is one reference to this that was easily found by a simple google
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25U2IO

I was about to say the exact same thing, but you put it much more eloquently than I probably would.

Thanks to Newys thoughts, we now know that cancer doesn't really kill anyone, great to know. No need to fear the cancer then. I guess I'd better go back and start saying my mum died from pneumonia then being as thats what killed her rather than the cancer that ravaged her body (but didn't "technically" kill her).

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I find it very hyprocritical that the media moved on about 24 hours after revelations that Gladys lied to the population about the health advive she received and refused to act upon, especially in contrast to how Victoria was treated by large sections of Australian media for their supposed failings. Bearing in mind in June last year we all though transmission occurred from touch and our understanding of the virus has grown significantly since then. But NSW arrogantly dismissed our hard fought learnings and attempted a flimsy postcode lockdown 2 weeks after the outbreak, tried a half arsed state wide lockdown after 4 weeks, and then after 6 weeks told us we need to learn to live with the virus now, nothing they can do! Hyprocritical *smile*!

If it were a Labor premier I have no doubt that we'd still be reading headlines about how the NSW Premier was responsible for 1000+ deaths nationally and in NZ by seeding the virus everywhere. Many of us were pointing it out at the time only to be poopooed as hyprocrites due to questions over who hired the security guards etc. The Liberal party always get a dream run in the media.

48625377-10048237-image-a-18_1633060046630.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

If someone with terminal cancer dies in a car crash, what is the cause of death?

Anti-vaxxers have jumped on this splitting hairs difference of dying from or dying with COVID as some sort of reason to downplay the importance of vaccines. The reality is that those people are dying at younger age due to contracting COVID.

People also don't die from the AIDS virus either but I don't recall anyone trying to say well, they only died with the AIDS virus, not from it so those statistics are misleading.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If someone with terminal cancer dies in a car crash, what is the cause of death?

Anti-vaxxers have jumped on this splitting hairs difference of dying from or dying with COVID as some sort of reason to downplay the importance of vaccines. The reality is that those people are dying at younger age due to contracting COVID.

People also don't die from the AIDS virus either but I don't recall anyone trying to say well, they only died with the AIDS virus, not from it so those statistics are misleading.

Its a Cult.

Its exactly the same unfathomable collision of pursuasion, vulnerability, charisma, timing, psychosis, history, etc

that has people believing

'if we give this nasty bloke with white teeth and shiny eyes and a beard all our money and send our wives to *smile* him and do all the work and live in really *smile* abusive conditions, if we drink the poisonous Kool-Aid, we will live on a paradisical cloud for eternity while 'they' all burn in hell'

A Cult.

But Charles Manson and Co. had to actually, physically, identify, find and seduce and hypnotise the broken, the stupid, the vulnerable and the psychologically frail. They had to house and feed them. It was relatively hard work

These days its a Facebook algorithm.

The bit I havnt worked out, is Cults always have one old bloke rooting heaps of young and good looking girls.

But Mark Zuckerberg isn't literally rooting anyone.

DO the two-bob leaders on the ground at the anti-vax, trump won, rallys,

take 2-3 of the sexiest young loons home for the slippery truth ceremony?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

And part two is to apply the exact opposite logic to the vaccine.

Lots of people have died after taking the vaccine because we have given it to almost everyone and lots of people die all the time. So the number quoted is the hundreds of deaths after taking the vaccine as opposed to the handful of deaths actually connected to the vaccine.

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I posted quite a while ago something that I heard at a presentation from an eminent infectious diseases expert. It may be a little out of date now but would still be about right.
He said that the instances of the thrombosis that has been known to occur from an AZ vaccination is about 1 in 25000. At that time the mortality after getting the thrombosis in Australia was 4% which means your chances of dying from an AZ vaccine is 1 in 1 million.
To put that in context the approximate chances of someone dying in a plane crash when they get on a plane is 1 in 9 million.
I’ll take those odds against getting COVID any day

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So a GWS player has tested positive to COVID and the AFL site decides NOT to name the player but they were happy to name the 2 Richmond players who tested positive.

Standards….. double …. Nah it’s just Richmond.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I was about to say the exact same thing, but you put it much more eloquently than I probably would.

Thanks to Newys thoughts, we now know that cancer doesn't really kill anyone, great to know. No need to fear the cancer then. I guess I'd better go back and start saying my mum died from pneumonia then being as thats what killed her rather than the cancer that ravaged her body (but didn't "technically" kill her).

And my dad died on the operating table after complications from having a tumour removed. But the cancer didn’t kill him :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user