Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
and classify it in terms of a psychosis brought on by stress and information overload and characterised by conspiratorial thinking, delusions and grandiosity.

Ive experienced it first hand recently, and its quite clearly an illness.
Is it wrong to feel grandiose about the tigers?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is it wrong to feel grandiose about the tigers?

no.

they cover that in the DSM

17.19.20 grandiose feelings about an institution which has tangible value to society and quantifiable success in their field, and is demonstrably superior to all alternatives, are normal and healthy

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Looks like the Omicron variant is no big deal, less concerning than Delta...perhaps something of a media beat up. Time will tell.
No need for earlier boosters and current vaccine induced immunity should be adequate. Good news.
Probably will become dominant here in time, then to be replaced by another strain. Normal process.
If the current vaccines remain effective that will be great, otherwise boosters targeting newer strains is all that is needed.

Currently in Melbourne CBD...still very quiet. Long way from a return to normal. Melbourne has done the last two years very tough.

But.....Saw Moulin Rouge last night...theatre full. People enjoying life again. Great to see. All fully vaccinated and feeling comfortable about those around them. Light at the end of this tunnel!

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like the Omicron variant is no big deal, less concerning than Delta...perhaps something of a media beat up. Time will tell.
No need for earlier boosters and current vaccine induced immunity should be adequate. Good news.
Probably will become dominant here in time, then to be replaced by another strain. Normal process.
If the current vaccines remain effective that will be great, otherwise boosters targeting newer strains is all that is needed.
I'm waiting for the Pi variant. This will definitely spread around in circles...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
NSW numbers seem to be creeping up over the last week.

You have to be amazed at how well NSW and VIC are going. Burnett Institute modelling was telling us VIC would peak in mid-December at approx. 4,000 daily cases and somewhere between 1,000-1,500 hospitalisations. We are miles below those numbers.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
You have to be amazed at how well NSW and VIC are going. Burnett Institute modelling was telling us VIC would peak in mid-December at approx. 4,000 daily cases and somewhere between 1,000-1,500 hospitalisations. We are miles below those numbers.
Still 2 weeks to mid December, a lot can happen :sneaky:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Doherty couldn't model the result of a one-horse horse race.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
?
We are well below it which is a good thing but there are a couple of factors that are leading to reduced hospitalisation other than the raw case numbers.
Firstly the time people who get hospitalised are spending in hospital is on average much lower than the modelling suggested and secondly the programs that are being run to treat people in their homes (called COVID community pathways) have been really successful in Melbourne in particular.

Reactions: 2 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
?

We are well below it which is a good thing but there are a couple of factors that are leading to reduced hospitalisation other than the raw case numbers.
Firstly the time people who get hospitalised are spending in hospital is on average much lower than the modelling suggested and secondly the programs that are being run to treat people in their homes (called COVID community pathways) have been really successful in Melbourne in particular.
Isn't that just making sure that people who don't need to be treated at hospital, aren't in the hospital? Which is the way I'd hope the system operates in any circumstance.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Isn't that just making sure that people who don't need to be treated at hospital, aren't in the hospital? Which is the way I'd hope the system operates in any circumstance.
No. It is a specific program set up specifically for COVID patients.
The difference is that the patients are cared for in their homes by hospital staff even though they aren’t admitted patients any more.
It was set up to reduce demands on physical beds in hospitals

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Fact based journalism matters.
The Age has had weeks to publish these difference in the Bill between Victoria & NSW but has instead chosen not to & fanned the protests of those outside Victorian State Parliament.
Totally irresponsible & shaping the narrative to suit their Liberal leaning agendas.
No wonder readers are abandoning them in droves.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
BTW the virus must be rife in Melbourne right now. I played golf a Brighton yesterday next to the testing station & the queues were ridiculously long. I assume most of it would be going through the schools.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Can’t understand how NSW numbers tailed off and ours are incredibly stubborn.

Been the same the entire way through this, Melbourne numbers are odd.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
It's not going away. Cases at both my kids primary and senior schools. Business partner son has it. Basketball teammate had it. Only person who has been ill was basketball teammate who only had first dose vaccine. He got it bad, everyone else double-vaxed and mild.

• Wow

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Fact based journalism matters.
The Age has had weeks to publish these difference in the Bill between Victoria & NSW but has instead chosen not to & fanned the protests of those outside Victorian State Parliament.
Totally irresponsible & shaping the narrative to suit their Liberal leaning agendas.
No wonder readers are abandoning them in droves.

The propoganda around the whole issue of Covid has been ridiculous.

My neighbour who is an anti vaxxer (for Covid) actually said to me the other day that if the legislation passes she will move States!! That she doesn't understand that the other States already have this legislation and in many cases WORSE legislation just shows how much crap there is out there for people to read, whether in the newspapers or on the internet.

Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The propoganda around the whole issue of Covid has been ridiculous.

My neighbour who is an anti vaxxer (for Covid) actually said to me the other day that if the legislation passes she will move States!! That she doesn't understand that the other States already have this legislation and in many cases WORSE legislation just shows how much crap there is out there for people to read, whether in the newspapers or on the internet.

Tell her that Lightening Ridge is a freedom utopia, with a donald trump impersonator as mayor, and real estate is free.

• Haha

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
No surprises here but how many people killed by misinformation?

These are correlations so don’t prove something categorically but death rates and voting percentages in USA would be high quality data.

Spreading misinformation IMO kills people and is morally repugnant. The pure tribalism of it in the USA is truly scary.

Imagine if being a Richmond supporter meant you were pro vax / scientific studies and Essendon meant you were pro injecting random *smile* to help your immune system. Just imagine…..

Reactions: 5 users