Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
So... I have COVID. I was diagnosed earlier tonight.

Before anyone asks, I am ok.

I don't know the exact source who transmitted it, but working through the timeline, I believe I know when it happened.

But I am very worried about the idea of infecting others. :(

Best wishes Other Ian. I'm sure you'll be OK.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Great news Booster reduced to 5 months, rush out and get it!

I already have my 6 month booking for Thursday 16th so no point me trying to get it earlier, (or maybe there is so I don't miss Thursday's main training session ;) :) ).

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Got to admit, went to a few bars in the CBD last night and it did strike me how risky it is and how the shackles are completely off. Everyone is going for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Got to admit, went to a few bars in the CBD last night and it did strike me how risky it is and how the shackles are completely off. Everyone is going for it.
Agree. Im worried that despite good vax numbers, we’ve got all the ingredients at the moment for a considerable rise in cases, hospitalisations and unfortunately, deaths as well the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Vax checking at venues. What a joke, just like I said it would be. Reckon at best 50% of venues or shops etc are actually checking it, and even if they are, not very well.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Vax checking was always going to be a joke. People have fake vax certificates anyway.
Yep. They could use anyone's phone. Two shops I recently visited to purchase at didn't even ask me and I had to ask if they wanted to see my certificate.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I don't know the exact source who transmitted it, but working through the timeline, I believe I know when it happened.

I hope you stay as healthy as possible Ian.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London

Welcome to the club! You’ll be fine. (y)

I know nothing about invermectin but thought this was interesting, if not a bit dodgy.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Welcome to the club! You’ll be fine. (y)

I know nothing about invermectin but thought this was interesting, if not a bit dodgy.

Mmmmm that article is a bit iffy Midsy.

Hill worked on a early meta-analysis of all the Ivermectin studies which came up as broadly positive in favour of Ivm as a treatment. As some of the major ones were found fraudulent or poor quality and retracted by (not by him, by others) he removed them from the meta analysis - this led the striking early evidence of Ivermectin efficacy dropping to statistical insignificance.

This article has a more balanced description of Hill's work and changed point of view.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Mmmmm that article is a bit iffy Midsy.

Hill worked on a early meta-analysis of all the Ivermectin studies which came up as broadly positive in favour of Ivm as a treatment. As some of the major ones were found fraudulent or poor quality and retracted by (not by him, by others) he removed them from the meta analysis - this led the striking early evidence of Ivermectin efficacy dropping to statistical insignificance.

This article has a more balanced description of Hill's work and changed point of view.

Some of the other articles on the site are mind-boggling badly written.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah. Hope you’re going ok.

Thanks for the wishes everyone.

I am doing OK. Symptoms have got worse today. But it's more really tiredness and coughing. There isn't any tightness I'm my chest.

2 other Melbourne Victory fans have reached out to me to tell me they have COVID. But I reckon there are more.

There are about 25 close contacts. All are negative so far. Still waiting on the results of 2 workmates. My misses has some symptoms today though. She went for another test and awaiting the results. I'd be very surprised if it's negative.

I got a little more information about the events of Friday today. The original test came back as "indeterminate." I thought that meant they stuffed up the test... but it actually meant that they found something, but not clear enough to state it as positive.

The nurse at my GP clinic got the sample retested at a better resourced lab, where it came back positive a few hours later. And to remove any doubt about a "false positive," the second test came back as positive yesterday.

On a side note, I'm spewing the government recently changed the time of booster shots from 6 months to 5 months. My 6 months was due on December 17. And as we know, immunity levels are lower at 6 months. If they'd announced this 2-3 weeks ago, I would have got my booster and might not have got COVID. But at least once this is over, my immunity levels will be through the roof for a while.

Reactions: 10 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

I am doing OK. Symptoms have got worse today. But it's more really tiredness and coughing. There isn't any tightness I'm my chest.

2 other Melbourne Victory fans have reached out to me to tell me they have COVID. But I reckon there are more.

There are about 25 close contacts. All are negative so far. Still waiting on the results of 2 workmates. My misses has some symptoms today though. She went for another test and awaiting the results. I'd be very surprised if it's negative.

I got a little more information about the events of Friday today. The original test came back as "indeterminate." I thought that meant they stuffed up the test... but it actually meant that they found something, but not clear enough to state it as positive.

The nurse at my GP clinic got the sample retested at a better resourced lab, where it came back positive a few hours later. And to remove any doubt about a "false positive," the second test came back as positive yesterday.

On a side note, I'm spewing the government recently changed the time of booster shots from 6 months to 5 months. My 6 months was due on December 17. And as we know, immunity levels are lower at 6 months. If they'd announced this 2-3 weeks ago, I would have got my booster and might not have got COVID. But at least once this is over, my immunity levels will be through the roof for a while.
Thankfully Ian it sounds like your double vax is protecting you well enough despite the well known wane effect.

But what another completely foreseeable planning stuff up. As I said months ago, ATAGI knew damn well what the wane rates were and risks of new variants exacerbating things. But instead of following the path of Israel and the US and bringing forward their booster timeline, they went with a 6 month rollover. And now, between wane rates and the new Omicron variant and seeing what’s happening in Europe, they’ve had an “uh-oh” moment and pivoted to 5 months.

I actually took matters into my own hands and brought my booster forward myself. By 1 month exactly. I spoke to my GP a few weeks ago, discussed the timeline and my concerns over waning and that between that and being immobilised a bit over the next few months with various surgeries, plus the new variant, could I bring it forward. He said absolutely. No problem. He had that discretion to approve it. He felt 6 months was touch and go himself !

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

good luck Ian... I was at the Brisbane Victory game but so far so good for me - didn't go to the Perth game. Also I don't partake of the active supporters area these days... guessing that's where you might have been exposed?

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Some of the other articles on the site are mind-boggling badly written.

Yeah I didn't want to be too rude about that site but it's a total dumpster fire.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's been hard getting somewhat credible no spin news on Omicron. Do we know if it's less lethal than Delta and others, or the same? Worse?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's been hard getting somewhat credible no spin news on Omicron. Do we know if it's less lethal than Delta and others, or the same? Worse?
Don't think they really know yet. Even from credible news services the information is patchy.

Booked my booster today for the 4th January which was earliest I could. I ain't waiting to find out.