Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What is strange is that you all find the concept unacceptable.
The govt and health department have told us many of the deaths are frail people with multi pathology who also have covid.
My daughter who works in the field has verified this.
Statistics tell us there will be many natural deaths in people who by statistical fact will also be covid positive.
The ones who die from covid are the unvaccinated and inadequately vaccinated.
Why is it so hard for you all to accept?
You are so obsessed with the media hysteria and counting of cases.
Anyway, it really does not matter.
And Carter...this long covid stuff is grossly exaggerated.
Apart from the odd near death case, the rest will be illness neurosis... very very common in humans and amplified by media focus...don't believe it. The children will be fine.
Also....this business about repeated covid infections..also grossly exaggerated.
Do you know of anyone who has had covid multiple times?
The media exaggerates . Don't believe it.
Agenda, fear, neurosis, exaggeration..all about sensationalising things for gain.
Covid is real and nasty if you are not adequately vaccinated...or very aged or frail. Yes.
For the rest of the population it is not nasty....Omicron strain I am referring to.

Enough from me. Don't bother replying. Have lost interest. Bring on the footy. Sigh....

Incredibly tiresome to assume people who disagree with your take on things are "obsessed with the media". Most people here will refer to official and data sources, not just the "media", whatever that means.

It's just the "sheeple" argument in another form.

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Incredibly tiresome to assume people who disagree with your take on things are "obsessed with the media". Most people here will refer to official and data sources, not just the "media", whatever that means.

It's just the "sheeple" argument in another form.
Same as people who bang on about Murdoch as well then?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Nothing wrong with Murdoch media.

48625377-10048237-image-a-18_1633060046630.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
not sure, do they claim that people who read Murdoch media are brainwashed and obsessed? The Murdoch media discussion is mostly around the interference of the Murdoch media in Australian politics I thought. Doesn't seem to be a true equivalence to me.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
not sure, do they claim that people who read Murdoch media are brainwashed and obsessed? The Murdoch media discussion is mostly around the interference of the Murdoch media in Australian politics I thought. Doesn't seem to be a true equivalence to me.
You mightn’t but some would.

Overall I think our state government is doing the right thing. As the Age article I shared earlier shows the cost to mental health. That could be a bigger price to pay? Such a huge balancing act. I also understand why many wouldn’t be happy with their current approach around school going back.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You mightn’t but some would.

Overall I think our state government is doing the right thing. As the Age article I shared earlier shows the cost to mental health. That could be a bigger price to pay? Such a huge balancing act. I also understand why many wouldn’t be happy with their current approach around school going back.
yep fair points MB .. we do have to acknowledge the true costs with any approach.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

It's an unprecedented event compounded by the *smile* state of politics in this country then add in an upcoming election. There are pros and cons of every potential scenario. Do you get the kids back to school but then risk more people dying of covid? Do you lock down hard and destroy the SME segment of the economy and deal with potential mental health issues? Do you find a middle ground and risk both but to a lesser extent? There is no easy answer.

Anyone with a substantial Asthma condition is at major risk despite being triple vaxxed. Diabetes 1 would be another condition considered at risk. We're dealing with life and death here and it's worrying. If the anti-vax nutjobs would get vaxxed, the whole country would be a lot safer.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Fair point, and wow, talk about going off half-cocked. They must have been itching to write this story. But AFR is/ was fairfax, now channel 9.
Fair enough. Phillip Coorey was trained at News Corp though. Just on Coorey, he should really update his current role as Morrison's stenographer

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Fair point, and wow, talk about going off half-cocked. They must have been itching to write this story. But AFR is/ was fairfax, now channel 9.

Who is the Chairman of Nine, why it just happens to be Peter Costello who as we know was the Federal Treasurer in the LNPs Howard Government.

Not Murdoch but very pro LNP.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was talking to a clinician yesterday involved with treating people with COVID. I would note that this is her opinion and not based on any research but it is someone treating the actual patients.
Her view is that there is growing evidence that people who get long COVID or take a long time to recover are often those who fight it when they are sick. There are a lots of people who say, especially with Omicron, that they just feel like they have a cold but that the thing that is different is the fatigue. Her advice was if you get COVID then give into the fatigue, if you need to sleep for 12 hours then you must do so and not try to "soldier on". I have a friend who has just had it and he had exactly this, some cold symptoms but just unbelievable fatigue and he slept for 17 hours in one day early on.
Just some advice fwiw

Reactions: 12 users