Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The anti-vax scamming and misinformation continues

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Surely you dont believe the MSM cover up?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

what's going on in the world, when you can't believe some random guy on facebook?
sad

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I was talking to a clinician yesterday involved with treating people with COVID. I would note that this is her opinion and not based on any research but it is someone treating the actual patients.
Her view is that there is growing evidence that people who get long COVID or take a long time to recover are often those who fight it when they are sick. There are a lots of people who say, especially with Omicron, that they just feel like they have a cold but that the thing that is different is the fatigue. Her advice was if you get COVID then give into the fatigue, if you need to sleep for 12 hours then you must do so and not try to "soldier on". I have a friend who has just had it and he had exactly this, some cold symptoms but just unbelievable fatigue and he slept for 17 hours in one day early on.
Just some advice fwiw
Ummmm. Probably really dumb. But how is anyone supposed to soldier on or fight covid if you get it?
Getting covid means you are supposed to be stuck sitting in your personal little hidey hole n isolating from the rest of the world. Not a real lot you can do but sit on your date n sleep, watch t.v. or read a book.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
piece of p1ss, no drama whatsover
Yep.

All them vax needles, face masks, sanitisers, lock downs, social distancing *smile* up holidays n testing n I haven't had a single covid cootie in two *smile* years. Massive WOFTAM for nil result. Reckon I oughta demand a refund. Want my two years of normal back.

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
Ummmm. Probably really dumb. But how is anyone supposed to soldier on or fight covid if you get it?
Getting covid means you are supposed to be stuck sitting in your personal little hidey hole n isolating from the rest of the world. Not a real lot you can do but sit on your date n sleep, watch t.v. or read a book.
I was asymptomatic and used my home gym and worked outside on my property during my time with covid. It’s quite easy to feel like you want to take advantage of the time off and get a heap done. Fatigue got me by about day 5.

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
A lot of people are working from home. I work with a number of people who have had COVID and have continued to go to online meetings, answer emails and take phone calls when they should have been resting. I am sure there are plenty who are doing that

Also going back to work physically after you are COVID free and not really being well enough to do it

Reactions: 2 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Yep.

All them vax needles, face masks, sanitisers, lock downs, social distancing *smile* up holidays n testing n I haven't had a single covid cootie in two *smile* years. Massive WOFTAM for nil result. Reckon I oughta demand a refund. Want my two years of normal back.
No one said not getting covid would be easy TM. Hang in there, son :)

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I was talking to a clinician yesterday involved with treating people with COVID. I would note that this is her opinion and not based on any research but it is someone treating the actual patients.
Her view is that there is growing evidence that people who get long COVID or take a long time to recover are often those who fight it when they are sick. There are a lots of people who say, especially with Omicron, that they just feel like they have a cold but that the thing that is different is the fatigue. Her advice was if you get COVID then give into the fatigue, if you need to sleep for 12 hours then you must do so and not try to "soldier on". I have a friend who has just had it and he had exactly this, some cold symptoms but just unbelievable fatigue and he slept for 17 hours in one day early on.
Just some advice fwiw

Thanks for the advice.

To point to the basic concept, it's always wise to trust the body when it's trying to tell you something. As an example, if someone has lost their appetite due to the flu, then it's wise to adhere to the body's request and avoid consuming solids. Otherwise, by rebelling against the body's better judgment, resources are drawn away from the task at hand and potentially affect recovery times.

And so a universal truth was written:

Thou shall listen carefully to the needs of the human body.

I must admit it took many years for me to appreciate this simple concept, but my partner was unmistakably pleased when I finally got there.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
I was asymptomatic and used my home gym and worked outside on my property during my time with covid. It’s quite easy to feel like you want to take advantage of the time off and get a heap done. Fatigue got me by about day 5.
Fair enough, guess if you're not feeling crook at all you can bring yourself undone by trying to stay active n busy during your iso.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Fair enough, guess if you're not feeling crook at all you can bring yourself undone by trying to stay active n busy during your iso.
yep. The message is TM just be careful if you get it because you are probably sicker than you think you are and as 123Cups said, listen to your body

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Just some advice fwiw

i can't help but agree with this. when i had COVID and i was in Iso, I just kept going about my day as best I could. Did stuff around the house and drank most nights (out of boredom). But the “Post COVID” fatigue dragged on and on. I think I’m only getting to the back end of it now after about 7 weeks. And I reckon I have slept more than I have slept in the past 5 years. And i never, ever get sick.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah same here. Was really mild during it but now 3 weeks after being cleared am only feeling energy levels return.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sounds like Ian4 & Leysy Days have middle covid?

• Wow

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Probably all a bit to late now, but some retired judge in S.A is gunna be taking legals against a heap of the covid vax, mask, shut down n isolation mandates n powers that have been rammed down everyone's throats over the last couple of years. Reckon this could turn into a massive bun fight over coming months.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
A retired judge you say? It's well-known that retired judges are the most powerful beings in the universe

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
A retired judge you say? It's well-known that retired judges are the most powerful beings in the universe
Absolutely super powerful. That one Dan hired got him n all his mates off scott free last year. Maybe this one will be even better n actually nail the ones he goes after.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Absolutely super powerful. That one Dan hired got him n all his mates off scott free last year. Maybe this one will be even better n actually nail the ones he goes after.

In which antivax Facebook group did you hear about this?

EDIT it's OK, found him.

He wrote a nice piece for Quadrant - the best part is recommending that we all start going back to church immediately.

"If you have never been to a Christian church start going now. Avoid the mainstream churches (and Uniting most of all, it goes without saying). These are our Vichy churches. They were mostly captured by the enemy a long time ago. These are the folk who have, in compliance with the medically perverse and contradictory commands of the State, shut their doors or locked the Communion wine and wafer away from the flock or stopped singing or sung only with masks and who would stand on one leg to pray if that were mandated by secular authorities. They render unceasingly to Caesar because they have done Caesar’s work for Caesar’s coin for decades. Jesus overcame the world but they are content to be its servants and its students. Instead, find a pastor at a smaller church who hasn’t bent his knee. There are a blessed few left. If you can’t find a faithful church then just read your Bible and talk about what you are reading with the strongest Christian you can find. Start with Judges 6 and 7."

So I'm convinced, I'll see you down at Church for worship tomorrow TM.

More of his full-on ramblings here https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/free-speech/2021/09/nothing-to-lose-but-chains-and-shame/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
< Golf | TV shows >