Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
In which antivax Facebook group did you hear about this?

EDIT it's OK, found him.

He wrote a nice piece for Quadrant - the best part is recommending that we all start going back to church immediately.

"If you have never been to a Christian church start going now. Avoid the mainstream churches (and Uniting most of all, it goes without saying). These are our Vichy churches. They were mostly captured by the enemy a long time ago. These are the folk who have, in compliance with the medically perverse and contradictory commands of the State, shut their doors or locked the Communion wine and wafer away from the flock or stopped singing or sung only with masks and who would stand on one leg to pray if that were mandated by secular authorities. They render unceasingly to Caesar because they have done Caesar’s work for Caesar’s coin for decades. Jesus overcame the world but they are content to be its servants and its students. Instead, find a pastor at a smaller church who hasn’t bent his knee. There are a blessed few left. If you can’t find a faithful church then just read your Bible and talk about what you are reading with the strongest Christian you can find. Start with Judges 6 and 7."

So I'm convinced, I'll see you down at Church for worship tomorrow TM.

More of his full-on ramblings here https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/free-speech/2021/09/nothing-to-lose-but-chains-and-shame/
Haaarrrgggh. Holy *smile*, he presents some kind of serious rant.

Might struggle to find me in Church, Antman. Usually only rock up to the God botherers palace if someone I know has carked it n have to do the official farewell.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
So I managed to dodge this thing for a couple of years in Victoria, then managed to contract it somehow on holidays in sunny Queensland where barely anyone is wearing a mask. :sneaky: Maybe a coincidence but I’m not kidding. The culture is very different in the sunshine state.
Now driving back to Melbourne cause I can’t get on a plane with covid. Or I probably could if I was a prick.
Very inconvenient. Symptoms are like a dose of flu with a cough. Glad I am triple jabbed but It has cast a lot of doubt on future travels. Can see why the airlines are bleeding.(n)

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
When NSW lifted their restrictions on December 15 they had a 7 day death average of 1, as of 2 days a go their 7 day average is now 38. Wealth before health:cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Have quite decided that my experiences over the past 48 hrs have highlighted every flaw & insanity in the current process of those that self report.
I’m not going into all the nitty gritty details but good luck with schools reopening on site this week. I forecast complete chaos. Was hoping this would be over by now but ultimately I’m now just sick & depressed by it all. It’s calamitous.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
here's a radical idea -

set up a small group of retired teachers or teachers who are immuno-compromised and at risk in the classroom. they would teach online classes for all grades for kids who are either sick at home or being held back by worried parents. these kids would simply access the classes online but they wouldn't be interactive.

the rest of the school system can run as normal, like our country seems hellbent on doing for better or worse.

a hybrid model would not cost much at all in the scheme of things. particularly in light of the number of kids who will not be at school at any given time. it would lessen stress levels for children, parents, school staff, the health system in what will no doubt be a difficult year.

but it doesn't make money right? it would be a "burden on the economy" even though it is ridiculously cheap to run. it "sends the wrong message". it makes COVID "more important than it needs to be".

what a *smile* up world we live in.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
My son has to miss his first week of Year 12 back on campus. School year photo, new relationships with teachers & students, course briefings. All important stuff.
No idea what the online setup will be for those absent students (there will be plenty in his position).
And he's RAT negative. Doesn't even have it. Just a close contact. It's madness & totally unworkable.

• Sad
  • Angry

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
My son has to miss his first week of Year 12 back on campus. School year photo, new relationships with teachers & students, course briefings. All important stuff.
No idea what the online setup will be for those absent students (there will be plenty in his position).
And he's RAT negative. Doesn't even have it. Just a close contact. It's madness & totally unworkable.

Yep I said as soon as I heard of these tests it would be completely inworkable.

I'm actually really angry about it. If you go to the footy, tennis, gym, movies etc you only need to test if you are symptomatic. Heck, going to your own workplace you only need to test if you have symptoms, so why so different for kids?

Those that are in Years 7-9 right now are the ones struggling with this. 2 years already massively disrupted and we know how important education is to these kids futures, and yet we get into the 3rd year of it and still have restrictions that only exist in schools. Frankly, I'd rather they go back to online schooling than this crap we will have to deal with. where who knows how many kids will have to stay home with no access to learning. I'm sure the teachers will do a great job trying, but frankly teaching kids, and sending them home with some work to do by themselves is like chalk and cheese. Obviously not the teachers fault and as I say, they will do as good a job as possible, but why are schools singled out compared to everything else??? This is our kids futures we are playing with here, and what makes me most angry about that, is that we are playing with their future, because of some self righteous morons that regardless of what science and data tells us, still refuse to get the jab, and continue to fill our hospitals.

• Angry

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Covid has definitely demonstrated government institutions are NOT nimble. Rules take ‘forever’ to catch up with reality

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
@pete and tys you may find this one interesting. It’s the first article I’ve seen explicitly addressing this topic.

I’m not an expert at the data but this article would say COVID deaths are slightly underreported in the first world and that the people who do the reporting are actually quite smart and take all this into account. For me excess death metrics are pretty insightful too

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
@pete and tys you may find this one interesting. It’s the first article I’ve seen explicitly addressing this topic.

I’m not an expert at the data but this article would say COVID deaths are slightly underreported in the first world and that the people who do the reporting are actually quite smart and take all this into account. For me excess death metrics are pretty insightful too

Here's another scenario. Should the 104yo Aunt be classified as a Covid death or not?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Thanks
It’s not just a case of being smart. Doctors take a lot of care on what is on a death certificate because they understand that any death can be investigated by a coroner.
Hospitals give lots of training to doctors on it for that reason and all the other Medico/legal reasons associated with medical indemnity and a myriad of other potential liability and insurance issues.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
NSW have had 1,393 COVID deaths since March 2020, 752 (more than half) of those deaths have been in the 6 weeks since they eased COVID restrictions on Dec 15 2021. There was one death on December 15.

Perrottet has just announced a $1 billion package for businesses. He should pay for the 752 funerals since he lifted the restrictions.

Last edited:
  • Angry

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

I dunno.
At no point did the author state "FACT!!!" during the whole article.
Therefore I find it a bit hard to believe

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
Those that are in Years 7-9 right now are the ones struggling with this. 2 years already massively disrupted and we know how important education is to these kids futures, and yet we get into the 3rd year of it and still have restrictions that only exist in schools. Frankly, I'd rather they go back to online schooling than this crap we will have to deal with. where who knows how many kids will have to stay home with no access to learning. I'm sure the teachers will do a great job trying, but frankly teaching kids, and sending them home with some work to do by themselves is like chalk and cheese. Obviously not the teachers fault and as I say, they will do as good a job as possible, but why are schools singled out compared to everything else??? This is our kids futures we are playing with here, and what makes me most angry about that, is that we are playing with their future, because of some self righteous morons that regardless of what science and data tells us, still refuse to get the jab, and continue to fill our hospitals.
I don't like online learning for children. It's generic and has no individual teaching or messaging for the children. The teachers can't teach properly if they can't directly interact with each child. The online teaching is to a minimal benchmark, with no extensions to those that have potential for encouraged and accelerated development.

However, if you (not you) or your family are sick or feeling unwell - stay home, and let the others get on with it.