Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yesterday I saw SCOMOs presser, 60 minutes, TV , radio , newspaper and social media...information overload. It’s so hard to work out the truth.
My take is that there are shoots of good news, the growth rate has slowed, but if we take the foot off the peddle that will soon change.
The 6 months has always been a time period where we will have some form of restrictions in. What is likely is that there will be some social distancing and pretty severe restrictions on travel for 6 months or so.
Even if we are successful in slowing down the virus many parts of the world are not so we can’t import a 2nd wave.
I would have thought the best case scenario is to get the virus under control enough to be able to loosen restrictions to a point that there can be some economic activity but to maintain fortress Australia for a longer period.
We aren’t anywhere near that yet however

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Case count excluding China (updated 11:30pm)

656,107 cases
31,696 deaths (4.83%)
27,685 severe (4%)
516,143 mild (79%)
80,583 recovered (12%)

Last edited:

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
In someways this may all be a positive in the way the world looks at its hygiene as we move forward, not doubt a lot of it is going to make life’s daily routine slower, just like 911 made travelling so much more painful, the world has definitely changed again

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Trump on the the potential US death toll:

If the US can hold the death count down to 100,000 it will show the country had done a "very good job", he said o_O .

Last edited:

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Trump on the the potential US death toll:

If the US can hold the death count down to 100,000 it will show the country had done a "very good job", he said o_O .

Oh
Be careful there @caesar ..... you may be accused of having TDS by some! Goes to show what a bunch of knuckleheads they are who voted for him and still reckon he's doing a great job, possibly 10 outta 10... fmd!

• Wow

Bill James

Tiger Legend
May 10, 2005
In someways this may all be a positive in the way the world looks at its hygiene as we move forward,
These measures will have a large impact in Australia considering Influenza is transmitted similarly and is a top 8 cause of death in this country. Globally the impact on all communicable diseases will be massive. 5 million people a year die from communicable diseases, just a one percent improvement due to hygiene measures, will save 50,000 lives.

Wash your hands
Cover your cough
Stay home if you are sick

If the measures are valid for COVID which has not yet killed 50,000, why not for the 5 million who die from other communicable diseases?

Table from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, National Mortality Database. (the latest available)

Australian Cause of Death 2015-2017.png

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
These measures will have a large impact in Australia considering Influenza is transmitted similarly and is a top 8 cause of death in this country. Globally the impact on all communicable diseases will be massive. 5 million people a year die from communicable diseases, just a one percent improvement due to hygiene measures, will save 50,000 lives.

Wash your hands
Cover your cough
Stay home if you are sick

If the measures are valid for COVID which has not yet killed 50,000, why not for the 5 million who die from other communicable diseases?

Table from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, National Mortality Database. (the latest available)

View attachment 9683
Geepers , having just had prostate cancer & surgery & looking like 100% recovery, i am really shocked that many blokes in Australia die from it