Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I was over it from top to tail in 5 days. Day 3 the worst. Just like a bad cold, mild fever. Triple vaxxed.
ToO, went to Bluesfest Sunday had symptoms Tuesday decent headache, lacking energy but over it now. Triple vaxxed. Went with 7 other people and we all got it. Jimmy the best.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
There are a lot of things we are hearing now about the effects of Covid and the vaccines taken by so many of us.

frightening to say the least.

I’ve had two friends end up in hospital with heart attacks not long after taken their booster shot. Coincidence??

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Exactly. ~2000 cases in 23 million injections.

~0.01%

And to quote.

“And the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has advised that cases of myocarditis and pericarditis are “very rare following vaccination” and usually present as “mild or stable” cases, with patients typically recovering fully without medical treatment.”

Good headline preying on peoples’ inability to do maths.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Exactly. ~2000 cases in 23 million injections.

~0.01%

And to quote.

“And the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has advised that cases of myocarditis and pericarditis are “very rare following vaccination” and usually present as “mild or stable” cases, with patients typically recovering fully without medical treatment.”

Good headline preying on peoples’ inability to do maths.
Acknowledged. Just pointing out that the risk increases from the vax especially in sporting aged males and can't just be dismissed. Theres alot of incidents of athletes around the world experiencing heart issues that needs investigation. This study was based on 28 days after the jab - the long term effects are still very much unknown.

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Acknowledged. Just pointing out that the risk increases from the vax especially in sporting aged males and can't just be dismissed. Theres alot of incidents of athletes around the world experiencing heart issues that needs investigation. The long term effects are still very much unknown.
Risk increases from what to what? And needs to be investigated?

A lot of incidences of athletes around the world experiencing heart issues - you got the data? Is it les than 0.01% cause that's not "a lot"?

Appears to be more mis-direction and *smile* from the anti-vax brigade.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Acknowledged. Just pointing out that the risk increases from the vax especially in sporting aged males and can't just be dismissed. Theres alot of incidents of athletes around the world experiencing heart issues that needs investigation. This study was based on 28 days after the jab - the long term effects are still very much unknown.

I guess it started with this stuff. https://www.tctmd.com/news/reports-...thletes-after-covid-19-vax-are-misinformation

Yes the report it said it was 75% higher of having an issue in 18-24 year old males. So 0.02% - and it doesn’t break it down but says that basically almost all of those are inconsequential.

I’d be more worried about heavy metal poisoning / air pollution / unhealthy lifestyle long term effects than vaccines. Those are known.

It seems if a vaccine has a side effect then history shows they show up pretty quickly. I’m no medical expert but my layman’s understanding is that should be no different here.

Spreading misplaced fear though has killed many people by leading then to chose not to get vaccinated and then die or spread death / fear too because of that choice. This is because most people can’t do an effective risk comparison and go by the sound byte/headline which means fear wins. 230k is estimate for USA on this thread.

When we look back in five years and there are no long term effects (IMO) history won’t judge those who spread irrational fear kindly. Maybe the courts will judge them too but probably too hard to prove.

I hope @Harry you haven’t had that effect on anyone.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

The long-term effects are for most people there are no long term effects. For nearly all of those who do get myocarditis, they recover with no long term effects. We now have a years worth of data on 5 billion people. We have a lot of data on long term effects of Covid though, and that picture is far from rosy.

No vaccine has ever caused "long term effects" that were not known about in the short term, and there are no known mechanisms that would explain how mRNA vaxxes could create long term effects.

The "athletes are dropping dead of heart attacks" disinformation campaign has been stunningly successful, simply because they don't compare athlete heart attacks before Covid/Vax and after. People struggle with maths and comparisons of risk.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What’s the % of unvaccinated people developing myocarditis after contracting Covid ?

In 2020 Eduardo Rodriguez - a starting pitcher for the Red Sox at the time - developed a serious case of myocarditis after contracting Covid and not having the chance to be vaccinated.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm another who caught COVID at Bluesfest. I didn't even think I had it, just some bug, but was going to get on a plane so went and got a PCR test. My symptoms were: about a day of a slight temperature and feeling a little achy, a few days of a very mild and unbothersome cough that didn't hurt at all, slight fatigue, and minor getting out of breath walking uphill from putting the bins out. No headache, no sore throat. Walked 7km in the hills after a few days of taking it easy and no issue at all. The worst thing was missing the chance to fly to Melbourne and see some old friends at their 50th birthday party (how do I have such old friends when I am so young and vital???)

Interestimgly, I caught it pretty much four months to the day after my booster shot.

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
My symptoms were: about a day of a slight temperature and feeling a little achy, a few days of a very mild and unbothersome cough that didn't hurt at all, slight fatigue, and minor getting out of breath walking uphill from putting the bins out. No headache, no sore throat.
I get that almost every week. I put the bins out on Thursday, feel better on Friday. Come Monday, it all returns. From time to time there might be a headache. I can't work it out?

• Love
  • Haha

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just me or does there seem to be a lot of non COVID flus and gastro floating around?