Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Hate bumping this thread but the Chinese are now being asked to test before they come here. The obvious question is why?

Is that a rhetorical question? New strain is apparently rampant in China.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
What I don't understand is if a supposed new variant is so bad then it will have already leaked out of China to most countries already & will be spreading merrily everywhere anyway. It won't matter what race you are. It can come into Australia from any country.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Chinese factories flagging delays with orders already due to covid in workforce. Combine Chinese new year with lifting of restrictions and it’s going to be a wild ride there in 2023.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What I don't understand is if a supposed new variant is so bad then it will have already leaked out of China to most countries already & will be spreading merrily everywhere anyway. It won't matter what race you are. It can come into Australia from any country.
Article in today's Hun regarding the variant most heavily affecting the U.S.A. at the moment n it listed six variant / sub variant strains. Gawd only knows how many variations of the covid virus the boffins have actually found since the *smile* circus started or how many more will roll through once this new outbreak in China finishes mutating.
The more often the virus mutates, the less effective the vaccines become n the more often the vaccines need to be adjusted to suit the new mutations.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Or we could just stop worrying about it and get on with life.

I won’t be going anywhere near another vaccine, and certainly won’t be wearing a mask again.

Massive excess deaths are happening for a reason, and it ain’t covid.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, as Victorians get warned today of new waves of Covid it’s ironic I test positive this morning. Second time up for me after a bout in July last year.

Pretty sure I caught it coming back from NYC on the plane last Saturday. 17 hours of dozens of chronically sick, barfing, coughing, sneezing people not wearing masks will probably do it.

It was so bad that everyone else on the plane that wasn’t sick (like me and my partner) had to mask up. But not these sick, belligerent aholes. Nah. That’d be too much to ask for.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What are they from?

Direct correlation between COVID deaths and 5G towers being erected. 5G radio waves can penetrate tin foil with ease and can wirelessly insert a small Bill Gates designed microchip into your noggin that can relay woke government commands straight to your cerebrum.

It's fact. Research it yourself.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Well, as Victorians get warned today of new waves of Covid it’s ironic I test positive this morning. Second time up for me after a bout in July last year.

Pretty sure I caught it coming back from NYC on the plane last Saturday. 17 hours of dozens of chronically sick, barfing, coughing, sneezing people not wearing masks will probably do it.

It was so bad that everyone else on the plane that wasn’t sick (like me and my partner) had to mask up. But not these sick, belligerent aholes. Nah. That’d be too much to ask for.
Sorry that you've got it again Red.
Be interesting how badly affected you are by it.
I had a second bout just before Xmas & it was far milder than the case I had in last January when I'd only had 2 shots (have had 4 now).
Slight symptoms but was over it in a couple of days. The flu on the other hand knocked me for 6 in July after I'd had a flu shot too.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Wouldn't be 'let's get kraken' would it?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Is mask wearing in Melb is practically non-existent now? I'm heading down for a 4 week stint in Melbourne and wondering whether to pack the masks...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Or we could just stop worrying about it and get on with life.

I won’t be going anywhere near another vaccine, and certainly won’t be wearing a mask again.

Massive excess deaths are happening for a reason, and it ain’t covid.

You are as astute on this issue as you were on Brexit. Here are the reasons for excess deaths

1. Covid
2. Long Covid
3. Overloaded NHS that has been strategically gutted by the Tories and can't cope with Covid
4. Postponed/delayed surgeries and treatments because of 1. and 3.

Good study here from the US which conclusively shows that excess deaths are much higher in Red counties than Blue counties - Red states of course have much lower vax rates than Blue, and turns out they have excess death increases 38% higher. https://www.scientificamerican.com/...eath-rates-than-those-in-democratic-counties/

Would this qualify as a "massive" increase in excess deaths for you @Midsy or do you have a nutty total lack of evidence handwavy explanation for this?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users