Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Comedians across the world should organise a class lawsuit against Trump - demarcation/restriction of trade/anti-competition etc
The creator/writer of Veep talked about it. Said something along the lines that scripting the show became harder once Trump came to power as the real life was more absurd then anything they could come up with in the writing room. Great show BTW.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Good article.

What also gets me is all these names for government programmes (the private sector does this too), things like Jobseeker and Jobkeeper. Laws passed by the US Congress are probably the worst at this.

Did they read Orwell's 1984 and think it was an instruction manual?

Do they not understand that most of us read 1984 too and know Newspeak when we see it?

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A more accurate water analogy would have someone walking past the boy with his finger in the dyke, saying, "Pfft. Why'd we even build that dyke."

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

The author (Noely Neate) notes she is a member of no party (assume this means she has no bias) but seems to have a focus on scomo bashing looking at the list of her articles. There will be plenty of hindsight bashing coming up. Not surprised the usual suspects will be giving zero credit to scomo. Reminds me somewhat of everyone crediting leppacella with the tigers transformation.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The author (Noely Neate) notes she is a member of no party (assume this means she has no bias) but seems to have a focus on scomo bashing looking at the list of her articles. There will be plenty of hindsight bashing coming up. Not surprised the usual suspects will be giving zero credit to scomo. Reminds me somewhat of everyone crediting leppacella with the tigers transformation.
Thank Buddha we have you here to "restore the balance" by defending everything "Scomo" does, despite noting that you're "no fan of Scomo", yet championing him and what-abouting everyone else at every turn.

"Scomo" gets bashed because he's a corrupt, nasty, liar who's out of his depth and has shown he actually doesn't give a stuff about the Australian people. He gets bashed because he's an awful leader and a *smile* person.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
SA has had zero active cases for 10 days. Not zero new infections, but zero people with coronavirus in the state of South Australia. Would be great if we could emulate them.

Reactions: 2 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Last edited: