Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
“It looks like we’ll be at about a 60,000 mark, which is 40,000 less than the lowest number thought of,” - Trump : April 19.
that was in April. Early May he revised his prediction upwards (which he does regularly to make himself look like he's on top of it. He started at zero deaths) to 100000.
Stand by for new prediction from Drump

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
SA has had zero active cases for 10 days. Not zero new infections, but zero people with coronavirus in the state of South Australia. Would be great if we could emulate them.
It is actually zero known infections in the state of course because evidence elsewhere suggests that there may well be cases of people who have not been tested.
However it is a fantastic result however you look at it

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It is actually zero known infections in the state of course because evidence elsewhere suggests that there may well be cases of people who have not been tested.
However it is a fantastic result however you look at it

Of course, although if there were people getting about and spreading the virus, it would soon show up. The prevalence must be bordering on negligible.

They recorded a new case on Tuesday - a woman who was given an exemption to travel to Adelaide and was tested at the airport.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Of course, although if there were people getting about and spreading the virus, it would soon show up. The prevalence must be bordering on negligible.

They recorded a new case on Tuesday - a woman who was given an exemption to travel to Adelaide and was tested at the airport.
There will be someone in south aust who has COVID. Maybe asymptomatic, maybe in the early stages.
That’s what we have seen everywhere and I suspect we will see for 12 months or longer unless there is a vaccine. There are lots of people who health authorities are still not sure where they got it despite all the contact tracing.
None of that diminishes what is a pretty amazing situation though.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
There will be someone in south aust who has COVID. Maybe asymptomatic, maybe in the early stages.
That’s what we have seen everywhere and I suspect we will see for 12 months or longer unless there is a vaccine. There are lots of people who health authorities are still not sure where they got it despite all the contact tracing.
None of that diminishes what is a pretty amazing situation though.
That 30 year old miner who died in Queensland this week hadn't left the 2 horse town of Blackwater since February. He still contracted the virus although no one else in that area has tested positive.

There is no doubt it is still out there in people that don't know they have it because they are not showing any symptoms. I know Victoria is testing more than other states but in the past few weeks the clear majority of the positive cases are coming from that state.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
how's the form on giving the UK woman quarantine exemption, to attend a funeral in Adelaide??, and she turns up with the Miley Cyrus?

Whats the *smile* point of an international travel ban, and quarantine, if you just go

'you're right love, off you go' to someone from a country who looks like having a podium finish in the grimest of medal tallies?

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
how's the form on giving the UK woman quarantine exemption, to attend a funeral in Adelaide??, and she turns up with the Miley Cyrus?

Whats the *smile* point of an international travel ban, and quarantine, if you just go

'you're right love, off you go' to someone from a country who looks like having a podium finish in the grimest of medal tallies?
Yeah that's bizarre. The bans and restrictions are in place for a reason and the first time that they allow and exemption the exempted person has the virus. Unbelievable.

How many people has she potentially infected as a result. I don't believe she had to quarantine when she went to SA so who knows how many people she came into contact with?

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

"I did but see her passing by, but I will love her till I die", because the filthy cow me the *smile* 'rona!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That 30 year old miner who died in Queensland this week hadn't left the 2 horse town of Blackwater since February. He still contracted the virus although no one else in that area has tested positive.

There is no doubt it is still out there in people that don't know they have it because they are not showing any symptoms. I know Victoria is testing more than other states but in the past few weeks the clear majority of the positive cases are coming from that state.
Yes .
Wasn’t there some suggestion there was a link to a nurse who had been at a hospital where a positive patient was?
There are people who still are testing positive to the virus 2 months after contracting it and not showing symptoms anymore. It’s a bizarre virus for sure
The vast majority of Victorian cases seem to be from known clusters and returning overseas travellers in hotels.
But you are right, it just needs one asymptomatic infected person to go to work and infect others and we have a cluster.
It’s going to happen from time to time for sure.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yes .
Wasn’t there some suggestion there was a link to a nurse who had been at a hospital where a positive patient was?
There are people who still are testing positive to the virus 2 months after contracting it and not showing symptoms anymore. It’s a bizarre virus for sure
The vast majority of Victorian cases seem to be from known clusters and returning overseas travellers in hotels.
But you are right, it just needs one asymptomatic infected person to go to work and infect others and we have a cluster.
It’s going to happen from time to time for sure.
The Blackwater story is a little bizarre. You're referring to a nurse at an aged care hostel in Rockhampton; she was showing symptoms of COVID-19 and had a test but went back to work before she got the results. Apparently at some stage she also took a four hour round trip from Rockhampton to Blackwater to "see a sunset" :rolleyes:. This was against lockdown regulations. She claims she never got out of her car in Blackwater but that appears to be a dubious claim. Maybe she came into contact with the miner but who really knows.

They are still trying to ascertain how the miner contracted the virus when he never left the town for 3 months before he died. He'd been off work due to injury since November.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The Blackwater story is a little bizarre. You're referring to a nurse at an aged care hostel in Rockhampton; she was showing symptoms of COVID-19 and had a test but went back to work before she got the results. Apparently at some stage she also took a four hour round trip from Rockhampton to Blackwater to "see a sunset" :rolleyes:. This was against lockdown regulations. She claims she never got out of her car in Blackwater but that appears to be a dubious claim. Maybe she came into contact with the miner but who really knows.

They are still trying to ascertain how the miner contracted the virus when he never left the town for 3 months before he died. He'd been off work due to injury since November.

may have had a sunset clause in her coastal marriage? Contact tracing, social distancing and lockdown are pretty fraught for those that like to graze the grass on the other side of the fence?

just speculating on a pretty strange story.

I can, however, put my hand on a picture of Peggy O'Neil , and swear to Blackwater being a very *smile* strange town.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Brazil about to roar past Spain into 5th place on death tally. Still getting over 1000 deaths per day and at that rate they will pass France in a few days and Italy in a week or so. Outside the USA the virus appears most rampant in Brazil; no coincidence as it seems both President's have a similar MO in their approach.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Brazil about to roar past Spain into 5th place on death tally. Still getting over 1000 deaths per day and at that rate they will pass France in a few days and Italy in a week or so. Outside the USA the virus appears most rampant in Brazil; no coincidence as it seems both President's have a similar MO in their approach.

That’s the sad part.
Both of their countries leaders are/will/have cost their people so much loss of unnecessary loss of life.

In Brazil’s case it’s going to get so much worse.

Seeing the scenes on the news of late is really heart breaking.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Trump has frozen US funding to WHO over its kid gloves treatment of China.

Edit: Funding permanently terminated. WHO too slow to act.

Last edited: