Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I see there are nutjob protests/demonstrations in Melbourne today. When there are people willing to go out and congregate in public claiming COVID is a hoax, Bill Gates is behind all of this, 5G is to blame and vaccinations are evil, you worry that there's a chance Australia can end up with it's own Trump like leader.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I see there are nutjob protests/demonstrations in Melbourne today. When there are people willing to go out and congregate in public claiming COVID is a hoax, Bill Gates is behind all of this, 5G is to blame and vaccinations are evil, you worry that there's a chance Australia can end up with it's own Trump like leader.

I think its a numbers game and non-compulsory voting

America has 10 million whack jobs who vote and 50 million regular people who dont vote.

We've probably only got a couple of hundred thousand Pete Evans-type dangerous nutbags and all our regular people vote.

Trump is losing his *smile* 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts'. even by his standards.

The optimist in me says he's losing his *smile* because hes up against the wall.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Schools are safe right? Right?
How many school will it take to go into lock down before home schooling resumes again?
I really feel for the teachers. My son has an older teacher at his school who's walking around with a 2m ruler in his hand.
The kids are making fun of him but can only imagine the sort of stress someone like that must feel reading the news when these outbreaks are occuring in schools around the country this past week..

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Schools are safe right? Right?
How many school will it take to go into lock down before home schooling resumes again?
I really feel for the teachers. My son has an older teacher at his school who's walking around with a 2m ruler in his hand.
The kids are making fun of him but can only imagine the sort of stress someone like that must feel reading the news when these outbreaks are occuring in schools around the country this past week..
at this stage it is 1 class in Victoria, out of how many 1000s of classes that returned.- and it is related to a known cluster. while i dont doubt it wont be the last closure- hopefully there will be few.

Andrews waited until numbers were low before school returned, despite the pressure from Morrison. Hopefully he waited long enough.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I understand not all will be interested in any of these opinions however for those who are open to other viewpoints this video or podcast is a source of informed views.

The informed views of an alternative medical practitioner on a subject that is not their specialty - sounds interesting

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I understand not all will be interested in any of these opinions however for those who are open to other viewpoints this video or podcast is a source of informed views.

Would've had a look if I wasn't required to provide an email addy. They either want people to see it or they don't.

The text descriptions give the impression that the good doctor's views are somewhat "alternative".

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Would've had a look if I wasn't required to provide an email addy. They either want people to see it or they don't.

The text descriptions give the impression that the good doctor's views are somewhat "alternative".
I wondered if that would be the case re the email address, unfortunately my i.t. skills only run to copy & paste. I did manage to listen to the podcast which is available on both computer and phone so no email needed there.

'Alternative' as a viewpoint can be subjective though as often the subject matter has been more thoroughly investigated due to the conflict within both ones self and the information being provided. When something doesn't make any sense or 'ring true', we have the choice to accept the information given as factual or to seek further clarity. As we have seen politically within our own country there is not a one size fits all in regards to the current situation and that is also true with medical and scientific research, information, and discoveries. The funding that allows the often much needed research is not necessarily provided by government grants or neutral parties and therefore the opportunity for any bias whether unintentional or deliberate is available.

Perhaps 'open minded' is a more appropriate term for 'alternative' in the case of Dr. Buttar and many others like him within the medical profession who share similar viewpoints. Dr. Buttar, is a graduate of the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, College of Medicine and Surgery. He trained in General Surgery and Emergency Medicine and served as Brigade Surgeon and Director of Emergency Medicine while serving in the U.S. Army. Dr. Buttar is board certified in Clinical Metal Toxicology, Preventive Medicine, is board eligible in Emergency Medicine and has achieved fellowship status in three separate medical societies.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wondered if that would be the case re the email address, unfortunately my i.t. skills only run to copy & paste. I did manage to listen to the podcast which is available on both computer and phone so no email needed there.

'Alternative' as a viewpoint can be subjective though as often the subject matter has been more thoroughly investigated due to the conflict within both ones self and the information being provided. When something doesn't make any sense or 'ring true', we have the choice to accept the information given as factual or to seek further clarity. As we have seen politically within our own country there is not a one size fits all in regards to the current situation and that is also true with medical and scientific research, information, and discoveries. The funding that allows the often much needed research is not necessarily provided by government grants or neutral parties and therefore the opportunity for any bias whether unintentional or deliberate is available.

Perhaps 'open minded' is a more appropriate term for 'alternative' in the case of Dr. Buttar and many others like him within the medical profession who share similar viewpoints. Dr. Buttar, is a graduate of the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, College of Medicine and Surgery. He trained in General Surgery and Emergency Medicine and served as Brigade Surgeon and Director of Emergency Medicine while serving in the U.S. Army. Dr. Buttar is board certified in Clinical Metal Toxicology, Preventive Medicine, is board eligible in Emergency Medicine and has achieved fellowship status in three separate medical societies.

Rashid Ali Buttar is an anti-vaxxer. That's all that needs to be said as it very succinctly describes how committed to science, research and peer reviewed papers he really is.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Yeah fair enough, you didn't try to push it on anyone as truth. Not being an expert in a field, when you have limited time it can get confusing if you listen to a vast array of opinions, and difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff.

There are many supremely intelligent people whose views differ from the mainstream, and occasionally they are proven right. People can have adverse reactions to vaccinations (one of my sisters nearly died), but the exceptions are far outweighed by the greater good. Encouraging people to exercise individual rights that put others at risk is dangerous.

Last edited:

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
The informed views of an alternative medical practitioner on a subject that is not their specialty - sounds interesting

Dr. Rashid A. Buttar, is a graduate of the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, College of Medicine and Surgery. He trained in General Surgery and Emergency Medicine and served as Brigade Surgeon and Director of Emergency Medicine while serving in the U.S. Army. Dr. Buttar is board certified in Clinical Metal Toxicology, Preventive Medicine, is board eligible in Emergency Medicine and has achieved fellowship status in three separate medical societies. Yes I did find the informed views of an open minded medical practitioner with numerous qualifications who has taken the time to do additional research on the subject material very interesting.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dr. Rashid A. Buttar, is a graduate of the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, College of Medicine and Surgery. He trained in General Surgery and Emergency Medicine and served as Brigade Surgeon and Director of Emergency Medicine while serving in the U.S. Army. Dr. Buttar is board certified in Clinical Metal Toxicology, Preventive Medicine, is board eligible in Emergency Medicine and has achieved fellowship status in three separate medical societies. Yes I did find the informed views of an open minded medical practitioner with numerous qualifications who has taken the time to do additional research on the subject material very interesting.

Rashid Ali Buttar is an American osteopathic physician, conspiracy theorist, and anti-vaccine proponent from Charlotte, North Carolina. He is known for his controversial use of chelation therapy for numerous conditions, including autism and cancer.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Rashid Ali Buttar is an American osteopathic physician, conspiracy theorist, and anti-vaccine proponent from Charlotte, North Carolina. He is known for his controversial use of chelation therapy for numerous conditions, including autism and cancer.
Sounds like treatment involving some form of reptile